Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:57:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [PA League] LEGIO PROMETHEUS Gabinetto RS/33 (Added: L6/40 tank)  (Read 14912 times)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Here my second PA league I'm beginning.
Actually I only painted one miniature: the sidekick Giulietta Bellucci. (see the picture)
I'm waiting the other miniatures I've yet ordered.
I include sample pictures of the miniatures I will use too.

It's a 1933-1941 Weird Wars league of italians, to search for unknown and mysterious artifacts from alien, occult or ancient origin.

Background:

The GABINETTO Ricerche Speciali anno 1933 (Cabinet Special Researches 1933 year), in charge of collecting, investigating and suppressing UFO data, was founded in 1933 on orders from Il Duce Mussolini, after a crashed disc aircraft of unknown origin was recovered from Lombardia. Gabinetto RS/33 have links with the Fascist secret police OVRA and with "Agenzia Stefani," the regime's news agency in charge of disseminating Fascist propaganda. Italys most famous scientist and inventor, Guglielmo Marconi, is the director of the Cabinet, which also include several other prominent Italian astronomers, scientists and aeronautical engineers. Marconi believe that alien life existe on Mars and that contact with the “Martians” would be possible from powerful radio transmissions. Some of the most important researches are about the Death Ray, flying saucers, flying Wing and first Jet aicraft Campini-Caproni C.C.2.
One of the best field agents of Gabinetto RS/33 is the loyal ex "Moschettiere del Duce" Benito Littorio Volpe that formed a special team the LEGIO PROMETHEUS in 1937, the same year when suddendly Marconi died.

more informations here:
http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/MUSSOLINI%20FIAT%20RIVA%20DEL%20GARDA%20DISC.htm

other informations here, in the topic from the Weird Wars I opened some days ago:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=67340.0

The LEGIO PROMETHEUS of Capitan Littorio 14 slots
Perk (5): Bastion of Scienze, Garage, Greater Purpose

just considering some cadian command legs, use the left jacket and the head with helmet and gas mask and it will be fine.

the phantom ace miniature could be perfect too, just cut the head and including the head with helmet and gas mask

Leader (0): Centurione (Captain) Benito Littorio Volpe nickname "Capitan Littorio"
H d10 B 3d10 S 3d10 D 3d10 M 2d8 F 2d8 C 4d10
Abilities: Commander, Captain, Clever

Sidekick (3): Capo Manipolo (Liutenant) Giulietta Bellucci nickname "BellaDonna"
H d8 B 3d6 S 3d8 D 3d8 M 2d8 F 2d6 C 2d6
Abilities: Quick Shot, Sharp

with west wind russian gas mask heads and italian paratrooper paint scheme on the armor
Sure they will have some vehicle gear (scout walker?), a drop battle suit, I've yet 2 gear points, and many could come after the dice rolled (4d10) before each scenario

x2 Allies (4): Camicie Nere Scelte (Corporals) (Paride Lupo, Vittorio Re)
H d6 B 2d6 S 1d6 D 2d6 M 1d6 F 1d6 C 1d6
Ability: Burst Fire

I will paint them with blackshirts
x5 Gang (2): Camicie Nere (Blackshirts)
Capo Squadra (Sergeant) Galeazzo Musolesi nickname "Polpetta"
Legionari (Soldiers) (Antonio Fortunato, Giuseppe Berardo, Giovanni Guerzoni, Filippo Tecchio)
H - B 3d6 S 3d6 D 1d6 M 3d6 F 1d6 C 1d6
Ability: Armed

Models: 9 figures
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:25:55 PM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: [PA League] LEGIO PROMETHEUS (Gabinetto RS/33)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:35:45 PM »
I like the story behind your league, very interesting, full of possibilities. Giulietta Bellucci looks good, keep the photos coming.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 05:16:37 AM »
Nice background info. I really like your story.

Excellent paint job on the Capitan. I cant wait to see her in action! :D

former user

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 06:56:23 AM »
Yes, very interesting to be reminded by the Italian example that fascism is a child of WW1 and that it is an underlying current of the Pulp period that most people tend to forget in view of the horrors of WW2. Many implications and topics to ruminate about here, thank You for the reminder.

As to the PA league, yes indeed, very good game interpretation, it looks like fun, and I like how You brought in the Void officer. What will be the other miniatures?

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 09:46:49 AM »
Thanks  :)
I enjoyed to do some research about italian interwar secret weapons. I was sure that Italy had some urban legends too, and Gabinetto RS/33 seem an excellent base for any weird wars ideas. There are many strange secrets in Italy, not just from alien or secret weapons, but from occult or mysterious sources too.

here some informations about italian secret weapons:
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php/12015-Italian-secret-weapons-Marconi-s-death-ray-and-Belluzzo-s-flying-saucer

PS: I edited the first topic, including pictures of the miniatures I will use for my league too.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:56:03 AM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

former user

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:54:31 PM »
here, this one could be useful too

also, check out Copplestone future warriors police - very stylish and fascist looking

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 01:06:15 PM »
here, this one could be useful too

also, check out Copplestone future warriors police - very stylish and fascist looking

Yes, it could be pretty fine, but I've yet used that miniature for my Cobra Commander (that maybe will be the leader of another league) so I could not use it again  :(
I must give a look to the future warrior police,  :)

Offline Banderium

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »

Maybe too much  :)

(That's in the Copplestone sculpted Grenadier/Mirliton range)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »
Maybe too much  :)

(That's in the Copplestone sculpted Grenadier/Mirliton range)

Yes I yet know that miniature  ;)
Maybe I could use later as a major plot, a fascist commander or the Duce himself  ;D

PS: The miniatures are arrived, now I must wait only the captain littorio.
I found that in the two West Wind Drop Troopers suits there is not the backpack  :-X Must ask to the retailer.  ???
The heads of the west wind miniatures seem smaller than that from artizan, but with the russian gas mask heads this is not so evident.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:06:45 PM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
Sidekick (3): Capo Manipolo (Liutenant) Giulietta Bellucci nickname "BellaDonna"

According Mussolini: "Women should keep the house in order, watch the children and being betrayed by their husbands" ... your character does not make sense!

Asta la victoria ... siempre!

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 12:10:39 PM »
According Mussolini: "Women should keep the house in order, watch the children and being betrayed by their husbands" ... your character does not make sense!

Well, it's a PULP Alley league, in all the other league there are many pulp women, just give a look of the many league of weird wars germans with blonde Valkyries (just see DUST, for example). ;) If I remember well, just the russians used women in their fighting forces.
So, It's  your criticism that does no make sense: To highlight a historically inaccurate detail on a topic that is clearly yet a product of pure pulp weird wars imagination ;)

and again what is the meaning of this (Che Guevara?)?:
We are here to play pulp or weird games not to do politic, I don't see players of weird germans hail chaplin when finishing their topics ;)
If all players should be near to the politic of their league or armies they play, this should mean that all german players are nazi, all players of italians are fascists, all the players of orcs are mad butchers and players of chaos are real followers of the dark gods :D Just play, nothing more.  :-*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:12:18 PM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
After finishing the Red Ribbon Blue Corp and Baker Expedition, it's time to continue with the legio prometheus.
Here the Sergeant Galeazzo Musolesi, he lead the blackshirt gang ;)

I used an Artizan miniature, including a new helmet and a little conversion on the jacket.
He is based on the character of Galeazzo Musolesi, from the italian "Sturmtruppen" comic
Here the original character  :D:

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: [PA League] LEGIO PROMETHEUS Gabinetto RS/33 (Added picture)
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 03:27:34 PM »
Brilliant, he looks great!

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
Re: [PA League] LEGIO PROMETHEUS Gabinetto RS/33 (Added picture)
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 12:07:36 AM »
Thanks, here one of the italian paratroopers [Ally: Camicia Nera Scelta (Corporal)] with drop battle suit.

I included a new backpack, new gun, new head with modified gas mask and riveted shoulder.

The paint scheme is based about this picture:

The riveted shoulder is perfect. Italian tanks and armored cars had many ritets, in fact the armor was not the best.  :(
I could give the idea that the drop battle suit was originally a german project that italians bought, but was produced in an italian factory (probably Fiat-Ansaldo supervised by the Cabinet RS/33), with all limits about light riveted armors.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:11:15 AM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: [PA League] LEGIO PROMETHEUS Gabinetto RS/33 (updated 21 june)
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 01:31:06 AM »
That dude looks great! Mix him in with a few normal paratroopers and you will have a nasty mix of troops.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous