Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691080
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 9
Guests: 765
Total: 774

Recent

Author Topic: [PA League] Red Ribbon Army (added Blue Corp picture)  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
[PA League] Red Ribbon Army (added Blue Corp picture)
« on: June 13, 2014, 08:26:43 PM »
my THIRD Pulp Alley league in progress (I've yet all the miniatures, just painting them).
The first idea was to have an anonymous force of DAK germans trying to stop the good guys from my Baker Expeditions and fighting against the Legio Prometheus too.

But now, especially after choosing my sideckick, I was illuminated  o_o

Here my painted miniature (just finished this evening).
He is General BLUE from Dragonball (the guys that remember this old japanese cartoon could agree with me)!

So I used the paint scheme of his uniform and there the sidekick Adonis Blue of Rot Ribbgon Korp (is it correct in german?) is ready.  :D
Maybe a korp of interwar germans searching to mysterious artifacts (not the dragon balls however  lol ) or maybe initially a german group but now a worldwide organization that want to conquest the world, much like the Hydra during IIWW. The background is still under costruction so I could change idea ;)

Rot Ribbgon Korp 14 slots
Perk (3): Eagle Eyed Troopers

Leader (0): Captain Ranka Schiffer
H d10 B 3d10 S 3d10 D 3d10 M 3d10 F 2d8 C 2d8
Abilities: Commander, Intimidating, Quick Shot

Sidekick (3): Liutenant Klaus Schiffer
H d10 B 3d8 S 3d6 D 2d8 M 2d8 F 2d6 C 2d6
Abilities: Hardened Veteran, Big

I've yet white primed these miniatures, maybe I should paint them as red ribbon soldiers too?

x2 Allies (4): Soldat
H d6 B 2d6 S 1d6 D 2d6 M 1d6 F 1d6 C 1d6
Ability: Burst Fire

x2 Allies (4): Soldat
H d6 B 1d6 S 2d6 D 2d6 M 1d6 F 1d6 C 1d6
Ability: Marksman

Models: 6 figures
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:05:04 AM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [PA League] Red Ribbon Korp
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
Matteo,
            That would be a neat uniform. Remember, its Pulp so it really is up to you.  They can be some sort of Fascist Militia.  That uniform looks a bit like the Spanish Falangists of the Civil War.
                                                                                                            Nick

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:42:38 AM »
Another great league, I do like the stories behind each of your leagues.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 10:54:14 AM »
Another great league, I do like the stories behind each of your leagues.

Thanks  :)
Half of the FUN is creating the background, choice and paint the miniatures and thinking about the plots and campaign  o_o
Now I'm changing the name of the league: Blue Korp (in german blue is blue, is correct?), but it's still part of the Rot Ribbgon.
The leader seem a female version of "dragonball general blue", so I will paint her with the same paint scheme, probably she will be ready this evening or tomorrow  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:57:33 AM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 12:51:31 PM »
I've included the painted miniature of the Captain Ranka Schiffer, for the BG, I've decided that she is the twin sister of her sidekick: Klaus Schiffer ;)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 01:31:45 PM »
Interesting! I've always quite liked the design and style of the first few Dragonball books (lost interest rather quickly after the eighth or so, though), so am looking forward to see what you make of it, model-wise.

On the name: In the German edition, "Red Ribbon" is left untranslated (for "Red Ribbon-Armee", i.e. "Red Ribbon Army"). If you wanted to fully translate it, "ribbon" should probably be translated as "Band" ("nastro" is the closest Italian term, AFAIK), which would be the most appropriate due to the reference to the red arm band. The RRC "blue division" you are referring to is dubbed "Blaue Einheit" (Blue Unit) in the German edition. "Einheit Blau" would also work and would save you having to do proper casus forms. ;)

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 02:44:41 PM »
Interesting! I've always quite liked the design and style of the first few Dragonball books (lost interest rather quickly after the eighth or so, though), so am looking forward to see what you make of it, model-wise.

On the name: In the German edition, "Red Ribbon" is left untranslated (for "Red Ribbon-Armee", i.e. "Red Ribbon Army"). If you wanted to fully translate it, "ribbon" should probably be translated as "Band" ("nastro" is the closest Italian term, AFAIK), which would be the most appropriate due to the reference to the red arm band. The RRC "blue division" you are referring to is dubbed "Blaue Einheit" (Blue Unit) in the German edition. "Einheit Blau" would also work and would save you having to do proper casus forms. ;)

In italian we translated "Fiocco Rosso" So in german it could be "Rot Bogen Armee" but considering that in their symbol there is a RR it should still better "Rot Ribbgon" (is it the correct translation of Red Ribbon?) while the unit could be "Einheit Blau" as you suggested.

For other officers or minions of the Red Ribbon or blue corp, there are these guys:

maybe the fat guy in uniform, the sideckick of general blue could be interesting, what miniature could be fine for him?  :?

or this too ;)

However for now I will finish to paint the RR soldiers and use this PA league againts my Baker Expedition  :D

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:50:04 PM by Katsuhiko JiNNai »

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 04:13:31 PM »
All right, to sum it up, I'd suggest the following:

1. Originally, the Red Ribbon Corps is called "Red Ribbon-Armee" in the German books.

2. If you wanted to actually translate it, the most appropriate option would be "Rotband-Armee/Korps" (Red Band Army/Corps". "Fiocco" in this context is best translated as "Schleife", so "Rote-Schleife-Armee" or "Rote-Schleife-Korps" would be another option, but that conjures up images of militant anti-AIDS campaigners. ;)

Believe me, there is no way NOT to have it sound ridiculous in German except for "Rotband-Korps", "Red Ribbon-Armee" or "Red Ribbon-Korps", or maybe "Rotband-Freikorps" (which is a bit of a thematic oxymoron, though). By the way, the word "ribbgon" doesn't even exist in German, AFAIK, while "Ribbon" has nowadays been adopted as a technical term to describe the new-style menu bars in computer programs, such as in Microsoft Office software.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »
All right, to sum it up, I'd suggest the following:

1. Originally, the Red Ribbon Corps is called "Red Ribbon-Armee" in the German books.

2. If you wanted to actually translate it, the most appropriate option would be "Rotband-Armee/Korps" (Red Band Army/Corps". "Fiocco" in this context is best translated as "Schleife", so "Rote-Schleife-Armee" or "Rote-Schleife-Korps" would be another option, but that conjures up images of militant anti-AIDS campaigners. ;)

Believe me, there is no way NOT to have it sound ridiculous in German except for "Rotband-Korps", "Red Ribbon-Armee" or "Red Ribbon-Korps", or maybe "Rotband-Freikorps" (which is a bit of a thematic oxymoron, though). By the way, the word "ribbgon" doesn't even exist in German, AFAIK, while "Ribbon" has nowadays been adopted as a technical term to describe the new-style menu bars in computer programs, such as in Microsoft Office software.

That fool free translator sometime give strange translations. So ribbong doesn't exist. The RR is not possibile with the german language. Maybe I will choice Rote-Schleife-Korps after all in interwar or IIWW there were not yet aids campaign, and if it sound a little ridiculous that's better, I like the grotesque comparison  :D

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 10:54:38 PM »
Here the Blue Corp ready to fight the Baker Expedition ;)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 11:07:32 PM »
Here the Blue Corp ready to fight the Baker Expedition ;)

Love the Blue Corp!  :-*

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 12:29:04 AM »
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:30:35 AM by Prof. Dinglebat. Phd. »