Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686615
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Aircraft and the "Save/-X" weapon trait  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Kealios

• Bookworm
    • My wargaming blog
Aircraft and the "Save/-X" weapon trait
« on: June 13, 2014, 08:11:01 PM »
I was perusing the Aircraft section last night and came across the comment in 12.5, "Air/Ground Interaction" (p.49) that mentions (top right, 2nd paragraph) that Aircraft that are landed can now be affected by "Save/-X" weapon features. I began digging to find other references to this...

I didnt see it here:
9.1, "AA", p.36
9.15 "Save/-X", p.38

AHA! Found it! Top of p.48, under "Save - Roll to Save", I finally see the comment about "Save++". I might make a recommendation to add a comment, at LEAST under "AA" weapon features, because I wouldnt have thought to have looked there.

Not trying to nitpick, but only to help future readers :)  Thanks!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Aircraft and the "Save/-X" weapon trait
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »
I was perusing the Aircraft section last night and came across the comment in 12.5, "Air/Ground Interaction" (p.49) that mentions (top right, 2nd paragraph) that Aircraft that are landed can now be affected by "Save/-X" weapon features. I began digging to find other references to this...

I didnt see it here:
9.1, "AA", p.36
9.15 "Save/-X", p.38

AHA! Found it! Top of p.48, under "Save - Roll to Save", I finally see the comment about "Save++". I might make a recommendation to add a comment, at LEAST under "AA" weapon features, because I wouldnt have thought to have looked there.

Not trying to nitpick, but only to help future readers :)  Thanks!

Thanks! But is it really that difficult?  ???
Page 47 starts with the example unit and shows Save ++, on P.48 the Save ++ is explained.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Kealios

• Bookworm
    • My wargaming blog
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:06:06 PM »
I wouldnt say "difficult"...but think about how a new player, or a player who hasnt used a given set of rules in a while, would interact with the ruling.

He goes to shoot an aircraft with a "Save/-X" weapon, and his buddy half-remembers that it doesnt affect it. The shooting player opens the book and flips to "Save/-X" section and sees nothing. He then goes to "AA" weapon properties...and not finding it there, the game is put on hold while they figure out exactly WHERE it mentions this...

That's all. I edit...therefore I am :)

BTW not harping on you. I think this game is going to be ace! A lot of work on my Excel unit builder has got me flipping all through the book. I'm even formulating a mash-up half-Mid tech, half-High tech unit that I want to play...

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 07:27:29 AM »
Hmm, my line of thought was that the aircraft player should familiarise with the rules for his model.  :)

So he reads the aircraft section and gets the fixed save very early.
It is his responsibility to know the rules for his models. If he fails to remember that his flyer has a fixed safe...  8)

Offline Kealios

• Bookworm
    • My wargaming blog
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:38:52 PM »
That makes perfect sense..except that in very rare circumstances do my friends have their own rules. I am always the one to learn rules for both players :)