Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:51:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Upcoming Foundry Price Rises..  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Penfold

• Assistant
(COMMERCIAL) Upcoming Foundry Price Rises..
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »
So after getting the newsletter and actually hoping i might be able to lay my hands on some bits that have been " hidden " except for friendly customers in the know, we are finally hit at the end with this..

" Pricing and discounts

It's been a long time since we have had a price rise. Regrettably, we will have to have to implement one in the foreseeable future "
Not good really is it ?

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Upcoming Foundry Price Rises..
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 04:38:58 PM »
Well....they have just moved and probably have to get a can of paint or a bit of new rugging.

They are already one of the (if not the) most expensive manufactures of 'main stream' historical figures.....

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
Well, I guess it's all relative.
The fact remains that Foundry still carry a lot of fabulous 'definitive' ranges - Darkest Africa, Cutthroats, Vikings, Sea Dogs, Dad's Army, NW Frontier tribesmen, Old West, Ancient Germans... Many of these ranges they have reconstituted into their original 8-figures-to-a-pack configuration, which are currently priced at £12, or £1.50 a figure.

Compare the newly announced North Star pirate range: 8-figure packs at £23, or almost £3 per figure.

And Hasslefree figures, which start at £3.75 + VAT (or the best part of a fiver each) and go up from there.

Not to mention Games Workshop.

So although I certainly criticised Foundry prices in days gone by, I don't think you could exactly say they were amongst the most exhorbitant on the market right now...

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 09:12:15 PM »
Well....they have just moved and probably have to get a can of paint or a bit of new rugging.

They are already one of the (if not the) most expensive manufactures of 'main stream' historical figures.....

Right now, Foundry is actually more affordable to order as a Canadian. Their Uk-US exchange is "off", at only 1.5x, whereas the actual is closer to 1.9x.

They give free shipping at around $80, IIRC, too - all the other players are at 20, or even 25%!!!

It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 09:31:37 PM »
Well, I guess it's all relative.
Many of these ranges they have reconstituted into their original 8-figures-to-a-pack configuration, which are currently priced at £12, or £1.50 a figure.

This is true. Although I suppose there is a perception of expense because the figures come in £12 packs, rather than individually priced (even though the end result works out cheaper). So there are plenty of opportunities for good value, although I'm not keen on the packs of 8 of the same figure...

Remind me, do Foundry supply spears/pikes etc, or does one have to buy them separately? That's my pet bugbear when it comes to buying figures!  >:(

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 10:02:58 PM »

Remind me, do Foundry supply spears/pikes etc, or does one have to buy them separately? That's my pet bugbear when it comes to buying figures!  >:(

Seperate. I understand the annoyance but I also get why they're sold seperately. A few months back there was a problem with getting the wire spears from the manufacturers. Companies who sold them seperately just listed them as out of stock and carried on as customers could look around etc. A company that includes spears however wouldn't be able to sell anything and I know of one that had real issues because of it.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 10:39:59 PM »
Their front page says "We will be providing FREE SPEARS with appropriate models. We’ll just stick them in your box for you." It's buried in the Army Deals section of that page. No idea how it really works, though. :?

Online OSHIROmodels

• Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 12:34:20 AM »
I've come to the decision that if I want something I'll just buy it. I'll have a quick look round the bazaar first but then if nothing I'll go direct to the manufacturer/supplier.

Prices will always rise, it's the way of the world  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 01:40:01 AM »
True; I don't get too wired up about prices - although the exchange lately has really been noticed on British purchases.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 01:47:42 AM »
I would say Foundry are pretty good value at the moment and from the tone of the updates they look as though they will be getting back on track soon. It will be interesting to see how this all goes.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 01:57:54 AM »
True; I don't get too wired up about prices - although the exchange lately has really been noticed on British purchases.

I've noticed that recently as well  :?

I must as it though that it's the import/customs/post office charges for getting international orders in that makes me baulk  :-X

cheers

James

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 06:35:01 AM »
I hear that! Whenever I sell stuff, the post office amounts are insane. Especially for air.