Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) The Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle - LAST CALL!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project

http://thetekumelproject.blogspot.ca/search/label/Sapphire%20Kirtle

Help!

These gals have been Mastered - Ooer!  :o - but now I need to get the production molds and castings ordered. Only thing is I'm skint as usually seems to be the case these days. Too afraid to try Kickstarter...my solution: a "Pre-Order Sale".

That is, 50% off for non-members, 60% for Molkar-level Tekumel Club Members and for Kerdu - "Call Me".  8)   (Well, email, actually...)

The sale will run until I have them in regular production. Pre-orders will ship once I have castings. Please add $5 postage in CAnada, $10 to the USA and $15 elsewhere.

Here are the codes and normal non-member prices, in US dollars:

AE-TS   238   The Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle, 12th Imperial Light Infantry - Kérdu   $6
AE-TS   239   The Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle, 12th Imperial Light Infantry - Warband (Javelins)   $50
AE-TS   240   The Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle, 12th Imperial Light Infantry - Warband (Slings)   $50
AE-TS   241   The Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle, 12th Imperial Light Infantry - Horde (Javelins)   $40
AE-TS   242   The Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle, 12th Imperial Light Infantry - Horde (Slings)   $40

Edit: fixed the prices so they show up correctly! doh!

All prices in US dollars. PayPal preferred, but can take Money Orders and even Cheques, if in US Funds.

PayPal address: green27@sympatico.ca

A Warband consists of one each of the command figures, not including the Kerdu, plus 10 troopers. A Horde consists of 10 troopers. The command consists of two officers, the standard bearer, and musician. The Kerdu is the far left figure in the top picture. There are three poses with javelins (not included) and two slinger poses.

Thanks you for you interest. Please email me if there are any questions.

Just to be clear, this is also a Pre-Pay Sale. I need the funds to get the work done so I am asking for payment in advance. If interested send me an email and I will send you a PayPal request. If this pseudo-kickstarter actually works I will try it again for each of our many  backlogged legions. That would include the four (4) Yan Koryani units (with all their different troop types) that were in the Eureka catalogue plus unreleased units and eventually units that are currently being sculpted.

Best Regards,

Howard Fielding
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:29:30 AM by Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye »

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Pre-order Sale: The Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:34:20 AM »
What scale are they in and what's the difference between the horde and warband?

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 03:37:46 PM »
Our figures are "28mm to the eye" BUT that is for the typical male as that height is taken to be the average height of the Tsolyani male. So female tend to be slighter figures, for example. The Lorun are taller than the Tsolyani so the figures are bigger. The Lorun are related to the N'luss who can get as tall as 7' wheras the average Tsolyani might be about 5'-10" IIRC.

It works out that 18mm is 1 scale meter.

A "Warband" consists of 10 troopers (typically 5 each of two poses) plus one each of the command figures: typically 2-3 Officers, a Standard Bearer and a Musician. The usual price for a human unit is $50.

A "Horde" consists just of the 10 troopers and is $40.

A single figure is typically $6.00.

These are non-member prices. The Tekumel Club costs $50 and provides a 40% discount for the period of a year (though I have not strictly enforced this as our releases have been so slow over the years).

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 05:25:31 PM »
Production Molds ordered - yay!  :D

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Just had word from RAFM that the production molds are done, so I am going to be putting in a casting order today or tomorrow. That means if you want to get in on the sale you should act now.  :D

Note that I am aware that several large conventions are happening now - or have just happened in the case of Historicon. If you want to order but things are tight b/c of the convention season send me an email. I'll take your order and we can make some reasonable arrangement as to payment.  Note that I would not ship until the payment was made, of course. PM me or send an email to green27@sympatico.ca

Best Regards,

Howard Fielding
The Tekumel Project

UPDATE: Just sent in the casting order.  :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:42:24 PM by Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye »

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Re: (COMMERCIAL) The Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle - LAST CALL!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 02:29:11 AM »
LAST CALL to get in on the Sapphire Kirtle skirmisher sale: 

60% off sale for Tekumel Club members;
50% off for non-members.

The casting order has been placed and is in RAFM queue. When I receive the castings I will probably give a few days grace but then the sale will be over.

"But I'm not a member anymore"

- that's OK. You can assume your membership is still good and just renew "later" (or at the same time, if you like. Every little bit helps!) ;-)

Summer Convention Amnesty -
"I'm heading off to GenCon/ComicCon/or wherever and this is really bad timing" - No Worries. If you want to get in on the sale send me an email and I'll put you down at the sale price. Then you can just pay when it is better timed. Provided it is within a reasonable timeframe and with the understanding that I can't ship until the figures are paid for.

I'll let everybody know when I get the castings and when the sale is officially kaput. Still a little time yet. This is just a reminder. :-)

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Re: (COMMERCIAL) The Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle - LAST CALL!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 01:59:32 AM »
So the castings are apparently done. Not sure if they are shipped yet. I assume soon, if not already. In Canada Post's capable hands how long could it possibly take to get here...? (Probably jinxed myself there!)  ;D