Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:51:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690745
  • Total Topics: 118345
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Steam Wagon finished Scotland Yard!!Sherlock an Watson!!!  (Read 6807 times)

Offline Licantropo

• Assistant
Steam Wagon finished Scotland Yard!!Sherlock an Watson!!!
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:27:50 PM »
I want to become Scotland Yard and I saw in the rules that can carry a Steam Wagon, I use plasticard and spare parts box remains. I hope to post pictures soon when painted!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:26:03 AM by Licantropo »

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Re: Steam Wagon for Scotland Yard!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:35:35 PM »
Looks good, but the funnel should probably have some kind of baffle on the top (to stop anarchists dropping things down it) and I think a pintle-mounted gatling might look better than the bren.

Just one question though, how does it steer?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Licantropo

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:01:56 AM »
 lol
jajaj, they just go straight down the road!

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 05:18:36 AM »
Excellent build, I shall look forwards to it painted  :D

As for steering one drive wheel goes forwards the other backwards. Just needs two gear boxes. Simples!
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 08:18:15 AM »
Nice idea :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Licantropo

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 09:09:23 AM »
Dont worry about steering, is just for wargame purposes not for modeller competition, thanks for the comments guys. Anyway if u see Ironclad miniatures can see that the wheels vehicles have the same problems, it seems that in the victorian era the roads doesnt have road curves, jejejej  lol

I hope share more potos in a few days im painting Sherlock and Watson!!!  :-*

Offline Tordenskjold

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 09:35:20 AM »
Amazing build! I love how you've combined different sets to create something unique. I see wheels and plastic bits from a Games Workshop cannon, I guess the gun and the tools must be WW2 (Perry Miniatures?) and of course lots of wonderful home made plastic  :D

I'll agree that the Bren Gun looks slightly out of place, a primitive gatling or something like a Bergman gun would suit the contraption better. Other than that it's a marvelous piece, just the kind of creativity that VSF and steampunk is all about!

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »
Wonderful! Only C&C would be what has already been mentioned ie the gun and potential steering. Steering can be ignored but I think the gun is too modern. Great work. I thought I was looking at a master for one the Ironclad tanks.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 10:03:28 AM »
Very creative build, I also love your use made of those plastic oil drums, that's a flash of genious as far as I'm concerned! 8)

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »
That is lovely. A great build. Looking forward to seeing it painted.
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Comstar

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »
Great build sir :)

Have to agree on the Bren gun though it's a bit too WW2 looking easily changed :)

Can't wait to see it painted with Sherlock and Watson :)

Thanks for posting :)

Cheers Matt
Cheers Matt

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 12:46:53 AM »
Fantastic.  Looks very VSF.

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 02:01:44 PM »
Great looking Steam Wagon! Loath as I am to criticize, I also believe that the Bren doesn't quite fit the era. Everything else is spot on!

Stumbled across a vendor at Origins this June who carried, of all things, Ironclad Miniatures! Delighted to obtain their products without paying postage across the Atlantic, I purchased a pair.

On carefully observing my new Armoured Steam Carriage, I did indeed wonder how the contraption would steer.

As for steering one drive wheel goes forwards the other backwards. Just needs two gear boxes. Simples!

Leave it to the devious and inventive mind of Mr. Cartmell to supply the answer.  :D

I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 08:14:17 PM »
I would certainly agree that the one jarring note is the Bren gun.  A Gatling or Gardner gun would look more period.  Alternatively, you could change the distinctive profile of the Bren somewhat so that it isn't quite so identifiable (e.g. cut off the top magazine and replace it with something like a drum magazine; cut off the butt stock or the pistol grip, etc.) and claim it is the invention of whichever mastermind has built your steam wagon.

Offline Licantropo

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 01:46:57 AM »
At the end I thought change the weapon, bren gun was really modern, thanks all for the comments, i hope this new one looks better than the bren gun, i just work with plasticard, i hope u like it than the first one, thanks a lot for all the commnets, i hope share the piece painted soon, sorry for the english!!!  :)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:30:24 AM by Licantropo »