Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:22:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ViDe: FuCo Force lists  (Read 7450 times)

Offline Sevya

• Student
ViDe: FuCo Force lists
« on: July 12, 2014, 07:20:19 AM »
I have some questions about the thought process behind parts of the force lists.  These questions are in the spirit of "What was the author's intent?" rather than "What is right?".

1) Why are there no High-Tech air transports?  Mid-Tech has one, and Low-Tech has helicopters, but the only High-Tech air vehicles are attack craft.  Why?

2) Was it intended that the higher tech infantry have more covering armor, or just more protective armor over the most vital areas?

3) Why are there no weaponry options for the Low-Tech IFV?

4) Which tech level would you put modern advanced militaries (US, UK, Germany, etc.)?

I'm asking so I can better fit the forces I am interested in playing into the framework provided.  More questions will probably come later.

Thank you,
Sevya
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:09:11 AM by Agis »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: ViDi:FuCo Force lists
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 02:23:47 PM »
Some quick answers:

1 - They are already well covered with the Hover IFV and the Jet Pack options.

2 - I honestly do not understand the question. Is it model related?

3 - To keep it as simple as possible for the low tech list. It is a catch all vehicle.

4 - Between low and mid tech.

8)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Sevya

• Student
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »
Some follow up:

1) Jet pack do improve the mobility of infantry, but vehicle mobility still seem to be at disadvantage.  Would it be possible to have an option to give hover vehicles an air move?  There are a couple of settings I hoped to play in this system where the grav vehicles can function as aircraft.

2) Let's use Stromtrooper armor from Star Wars as an example.  Would this be classed as a High-Tech Multirole Combat Suit, because it covers the entire body, or could it qualify as Mid-Tech Ballistic armor if it were made out of lower tech materials?

3) Would it be possible to get the point values of the weapons on it so those who wish can swap the weapons out? Or even use these weapons on other vehicles?

4) exactly what I was getting, myself.

Thank you for the help,
Sevya

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »
As before...  ;)

1 - I am afraid that I do not like the idea. Vehicles are already quite fast and I do not want to shift the Balance totally to vehicles/ aircraft. If you have however a specific idea for a vehicle, post it here and we create the estimated points values together.

2 – Quick answer – up to you and your gaming group. Longer answer: The question is perfect to explain why it should be up to the players to decide which of the ViDe units to use.
There is the old SW/ STrek joke: “A Stormtrooper shoots a Trek redshirt, he is missing but the redshirt dies anyway…”
If you like your Stormtroopers like shown in the movies – expandable extras that can’t hit a barn give them lousy armour and enforce a re-roll on all successful shooting attacks. If they should be more “realistic” give them High-Tech Multirole Combat Suit.

3 – The IFV naked without the weapons cost 95 points, feel free to stat it out with any weapon you like as long as your gaming opponents agree.
Weapons:
Light tank gun – 55 p
AT Missile – 30 p
Co-Axial MG – 20 p

Offline Batei

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 04:00:43 AM »
Anyone know if there are downloadable lists for the AT-43 armies somewhere?  Reading the ViDi:FuCO rules now and I think this is the system I've been looking for to get my armies to the table.  :)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 08:06:36 AM »
Anyone know if there are downloadable lists for the AT-43 armies somewhere?  Reading the ViDi:FuCO rules now and I think this is the system I've been looking for to get my armies to the table.  :)

I do not know of any...
:)
And I can produce them for obvious copyright issues.
If someone writes some lists up I am however most eager to review and comment.
;)