Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:06:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690887
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Two companies for Thule done by Blue Table Painting  (Read 1824 times)

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
Two companies for Thule done by Blue Table Painting
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:37:12 AM »
Well, I've had just no time at all to paint this year, so I considered having a couple of Companies done by a painting service. In the end I decided on Blue Table Painting, because they were the only service I contacted who said they could get the work back in June (I started looking for bids in mid-March; they promised 4-6 weeks from arrival of the figures). It turns out I didn't get them back until about July 20. All the figures were done at their Level 2 except the Raging Heroes figure (Ivanka) which was done at Level 4.

First are a Company of the Society of Thule's Totenkopf Battalion from HVF. All of the figures are from Andrew May's Meridian Miniatures except for Ivanka,the Raging Heroes figure, who takes the place of Oberst Klimt (despite being equipped with different weapons, they will share Klimt's weapon stats). The figure portraying Doktor Wolff has a head from Victoria Miniatures.

Dr. Wolff and the Amazonian Ivanka Klimt (maybe it's just the high heels)

Then comes one of my creations, Forschungsgruppe, Thule's research and archaeological company. These figures are all by West Wind, except the Archers of Aten, which are by Crocodile Games. This Company can be found here:
http://wrgmr.com/pdfs/forschungsgruppe.pdf

Ilsa, Arnulf, 2 Archers of Aten

2 Cultists, Ernest, Lothar

Lothar, Gunther Kosse, Ilsa, Arnulf

Colors and such are as I requested, although the greatcoats of the Sturm-truppen are more field grey than the straight grey I asked for. I sent the gas mask that came with Ivanka's figure with painting instructions to include it on her: it was evidently lost at some point because she came back without one and the separate mask did not come back by itself with the rest of the figures.  Not a big deal: it's a lovely figure and I really didn't want to cover her face with a gasmask but felt I had to for her to be consistent with the rest of the Company.

I had considered that Dr. Wolff's gasmask would leave his bald head exposed (a big reason I picked up the heads from Victoria Minis), but it came back painted as part of the mask. I had not requested the bald head in my instructions, and obviously there was a difference in artistic interpretation. I gave him his glorious bald pate back with my own brush.

The bases are done to their standard level. I find the brown too dark and will redo them lighter, and add some more foliage bits.

Mike O
I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: Two companies for Thule done by Blue Table Painting
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 05:38:57 AM »
Two striking companies to be sure. Those Raging Heroes figures are somewhat statuesque. Are they metal or resin?
It is good to see someone taking up the challenge of using the Totenkopf  :D
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:36:17 AM »
Nice work  :-*
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »
Two striking companies to be sure. Those Raging Heroes figures are somewhat statuesque. Are they metal or resin?
It is good to see someone taking up the challenge of using the Totenkopf  :D

Ivanka is indeed metal. As for statuesque, it's those high heels, I'm tellin' ya...