Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:35:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689646
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Best Sources/Manufacturers of Afghan Regular and Irregular Flags?  (Read 6165 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: The Best Sources/Manufacturers of Afghan Regular and Irregular Flags?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 08:02:12 AM »
Darrell,

Here's a link to a page over at TMP on which you can find Bob Burke's direct email address.  Bob is the "Keeper of the Flame" when it comes to back-issues of Savage-&-Soldier magazine and also back-issues "The Heliograph", which was a newsletter/magazine dedicated to The Sword And The Flame rules set...

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=360100

Bob has an Index which I believe lists all the articles from all the years Savage & Soldier was in publication, which was a long time.  I know it began as the only publication dedicated soley to colonial wargaming in 1965 and I got a 20th anniversary t-shirt in 1985 and I think it remained in publication for another decade after that, so maybe 30 years altogether.  It was a wonderful resource and at the time a one-of-a-kind forum for sharing new ideas related to the niche within a niche of colonial wargaming, kind of like what Slingshot was to Ancient Wargaming back in the day, but with a smaller readership.

Thanks for the info again Mad Guru.... appreciated.

I may actually have the article HerbyF refers to above.  I'll look around and see if I can dig it up and if so, I'll post the info here.

That would be wonderful, if you could even just let me know the issue please? I have a cyber friend who has pffered to lend me the issue in question if I can find out which number it is :)

Darrell.

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 06:06:00 AM »
Darrell,

Sorry but I remembered wrong -- turns out I ordered an old issue of The Heliograph from Bob, with an article about Second Afghan War Afghan regular army uniforms, NOT about Afghan flags.  Sorry!  In my experience Bob has been very easy to get hold of and easy to do business with.
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 07:29:41 AM »
Darrell,

Sorry but I remembered wrong -- turns out I ordered an old issue of The Heliograph from Bob, with an article about Second Afghan War Afghan regular army uniforms, NOT about Afghan flags.  Sorry!  In my experience Bob has been very easy to get hold of and easy to do business with.

I clicked on the e-mail button but Gmail won't open a page when one does that.

Do you have his e-mail address that you could perhaps send me via PM Mad Guru?

Darrell.

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 07:56:22 AM »
Just PMed you his email, Darrell.

For anyone else reading this thread who may also be interested in contacting Bob Burke re: back issues of "Savage & Soldier" and/or "The Heliograph", he has posted his direct email address on the TMP page I linked to above, seperate from the link to the Savage & Soldier website.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 08:02:11 AM »
Just PMed you his email, Darrell.

Received and replied :)

For anyone else reading this thread who may also be interested in contacting Bob Burke re: back issues of "Savage & Soldier" and/or "The Heliograph", he has posted his direct email address on the TMP page I linked to above, seperate from the link to the Savage & Soldier website.

I, unfortunately, came to wargaming too late to ever see any of these publications..... I missed out!

Darrell.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 09:21:26 AM »
Have you dropped Flags of War a line, Ian is very active on LAF and may be worth a chat or exchange to see if he can produce them :D