Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:51:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Damnation seize my soul...  (Read 7173 times)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Damnation seize my soul...
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »
 I have a couple of the Games of War buildings and they are nice.Alan is working on more ships too for the range.Need to dig mine out and get some paint onto them.

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »
I have a couple of the Games of War buildings and they are nice.Alan is working on more ships too for the range.Need to dig mine out and get some paint onto them.

That's great news. I missed out on the Sea Prince and the other bigger one they did, I have a Sea Dog though, that I've started to paint.

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 09:13:57 AM »
Yesterday I painted up Mr Edward Teach from the Blackbeard Crew from North Star. I decided to paint him as close as possible in the colours of my own kit that I wear at pirate shenanigans and when I'm dressed as Blackbeard. He's a fantastic miniature and was a joy to paint, nice detail without being overly complicated. My photography lets the paint job down but I'm happy with how he turned out overall.

And here's me as a pirate. I've not got my beard in plaits here or burning slow match under my hat which I usually would have.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »
That's the gang I have. He is a great figure and you've done a great job!

Excellent outfit, by the way. Needs more pistols!  ;)

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 09:51:17 AM »
That's the gang I have. He is a great figure and you've done a great job!

Excellent outfit, by the way. Needs more pistols!  ;)

Thanks very much. I have more pistols I just didn't wear them all for this particular show (I wasn't deliberately doing Blackbeard), a mate of mine from my viking group is custom making me a harness to accommodate six pistols and two swords, Blackbeard's typical armament.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 10:07:44 AM »
Damed fine outfit actually.  You sure you will be able to carry 6 pistols though.....they ain't exactly light!    

I've only done pirates a few times.   I'm just sticking to shirt and Monmouth cap.  Would be nice to get a pistol though.  Saying that, I do however use a rather nice littlecote dragon picket gun!

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 10:15:57 AM »
The rig I'm having made differs to the six across the breast type harness usually seen on Blackbeard. That type doesn't really work and the baldric keeps turning around the body. The kind I'm having made has two pistols either side at the front and 1 each side at the back, so it'll be two baldrics basically. The pistols will hang at the hip. The pistols I have are only replicas and much much lighter than the blank firers I was using at this show. Definitely wouldn't want to carry six of them!

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 10:43:08 AM »
I own a few different black powder weapons.  This is the one I use pirating though.   This image is if a part of the littlecote collection.  Albion made me a copy, including the carving.  It weighs more than any of my full length muskets but sounds like a small canon.  Technically at 9 bore it's a blunderbuss.  Great at close range I can imagine, a real pirate gun me thinks.

Back to the painting...good job.  As you know just painted him myself.....can't help notice there is something of Yosemite Sam about his hat though! Lol

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:31:08 PM by Digits »

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 12:31:26 PM »
Nice. That'd clear a deck lovely I imagine. Very devastating at close quarters.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 12:46:05 PM »
Yeah it's a peach !   

Used it a few years ago at the Birmingham NIA (we were a part of a tattoo) and it was damned loud and shot flames 25 foot down the arena.  Do you guys use black powder?

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 12:50:59 PM »
My crew are just starting out with the pirate thing really (we're viking and Saxons usually) so we were using blank firers as were most of the other pirates (my mate borrowed a blunderbuss which he got very attached to). The redcoats we were fighting had black powder. One day I'd love to have my own black powder pistol(s).

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 12:53:40 PM »
Me too.  Everything I own falls under my shotgun licence.  Pistols need a firearms licence.....next on the shopping list me thinks ;)