Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:12:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Broadsword Adventures Now Available  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Broadsword Adventures Now Available
« on: August 20, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »
The newest treat from Rattrap Productions is now available. Broadsword Adventures is currently in our online store as well as winging its way to all our retail and distribution partners. If you are interested in picking up the book or checking out what it's all about, then head on over to the Blackmarket.

http://www.rattrapproductions.com/store/

While you're there, check out our newest PDF releases, including Among the War Parties for the Gloire game system.

And be sure to check out the video of a Broadsword Adventures demo run by Pete Murray taken by Zac over at Tabletop Gaming News.

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2008/08/15/16366

Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Broadsword Adventures Now Available
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 12:55:27 AM »
Ordered today.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 08:54:59 AM »
Any amendments on armour in there? I'm trying to adapt Gloire for an early 16th century adventure game. But since warfare was sometimes still very medieval back then (heavy armoured knights, many kinds of spiky handweapons and the like) maybe a medieval/fantasy rule set would fit the bill the better.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 04:32:25 PM »
I'd just like to say that the video was incredibly helpful!

I was wondering about the size and the play style of Broadsword Adventures, but to be entirely honest, I couldn't be bothered to read the demo download. I have too many other things to read and understand to read something I may not be interested in. The video told me everything I needed to know and gave me a visual anchor for the rules. Great job.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »
I'd been meaning to take advantage of the PDF/Print combo on Broadsword Adventures, but with the shipping costs reaching the vicinity of $25, I think I'll be forced to pass.

At any rate, I still want some of the figures, so who distributes Rattrap stuff in Europe now again? I expect they won't have the BA releases in stock yet, but I'm OK with waiting them out.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 05:50:32 PM »
In Europe you can check with Battlefield Berlin and Northstar (for books only). Their shipments are on the way.

As for shipping. Contact me. I can use a flat rate envelope that shaves about $10 off shipping if you want the books only. I don't offer it on the site since people will stick miniature orders into that and the miniatures do not fit in the envelopes so I have to end up requesting more money and irritating everyone.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 06:02:57 PM »
Thanks, I suppose I'll need to give it some closer thought before I decide what version of the rulebook to buy and from where.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »
Hmm... I guess that even with the cheaper shipping cost of around $15, it's not really any better than if I ordered the PDF directly from Rattrap and a print copy separately from North Star or Battlefield Berlin. The final cost would amount to the same. So I'm sorry to say the PDF/Print combo really only seems to be advantageous to North Americans (and maybe to non-Europeans who don't have a distributor in their part of the world).

I'm not meaning this as a criticism of Rattrap Productions of course. The shipping costs can't be helped, and it'd presumably be unfeasible (or simply bad business) to offer some kind of alternative service to us Europeans where we'd get a discount on the PDF if we ordered the print copy from somewhere else than the Rattrap webstore directly.

I'll go ahead and order the PDF in the next few days, and maybe wait up with ordering the print copy from one of the distributors until I really need it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:13:19 PM by Rhoderic »

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »
Just got mine via PDF--can't wait to print it out and get started! I have a number of great figures already done that I want to use for this, and Rattrap's stuff looks great as well.

I will take some pics when I get a chance. I may get Super-Gibbon involved as well and I think he could make a dynamite 2 x 2 swamp/ruins board.

Scott
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 04:45:47 AM »
I'm not meaning this as a criticism of Rattrap Productions of course. The shipping costs can't be helped, and it'd presumably be unfeasible (or simply bad business) to offer some kind of alternative service to us Europeans where we'd get a discount on the PDF if we ordered the print copy from somewhere else than the Rattrap webstore directly.
I would love to be able to do this, but it requires one of two things I either have to take it on faith that the retailers will only give PDFs to those who but the book and that I will see the money for it or second, that they would have to be willing to give me their customer names so I can send the PDF.

Without a complex system in place, it's just not feasible.

But I will continue to work on a system so that everyone can partake in the offers.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 09:21:33 AM »
.... *must...have...*   ;D

Will have to see if I can fit in an order at the beginning of next month... I also have an order for Mean Streets pending... aaarrrgghhh... this hobby is too expensive!!!  lol
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84