Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686595
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Broadsword Adventures  (Read 7285 times)

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
Broadsword Adventures
« on: May 25, 2007, 06:01:59 PM »
Questins

Will there be a lot of Monsters ?
Will there be Magic?
Can I use the rules for Dungeoncrawl´s?

cheers Grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »
Let's see, to answer your questions:

The game will be a REH Conan style game. No elves, dwarves, fairies, etc. However, like all our games, you will have archetypes that you could probably use to create those same races.

Monsters? Yes. Mostly generic creature types that are either abominations created by magic or have stepped through the void and entered the Broadsword Adventures World. Think about any Conan story and most of the monsters are either giant versions of existing animals (demonic serpents) or demons summoned from another realm. The rules will be set up so that you can mix and match abilities (like the character archetypes) and create many different monsters.

Magic? Yes. But it won't be the WHFB type of magic with fireballs and such. It will be more ceremonial in nature (meaning it may take a couple of turns to get it to work) and will involve summoning dark or light powers to do your bidding.

Dungeoncrawls? ABSOLUTELY! One of the scenarios in the main rulebook will be a solo adventure dungeoncrawl.

Hope that helps Grimm!  :)
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 09:31:40 PM »
Rich, I can't wait, please make that game as soon as possible  :D

Offline Terrible Tim

• Scientist
    • The Wargamer
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 03:57:10 AM »
Sounds great. When will it be ready for sale?

TT.
...Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen....

Blog: www.the-wargamer.com

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 05:05:47 AM »
Still a few months away. We have one more supplement for .45 Adventure to get out this year and then Fantastic Worlds. Broadsword Adventures will follow both of them.

It will be well worth it. Everything I have developed over the past 2+ years plus all the ideas that Pete and Marc have brought in will be refined for this book.

Offline Terrible Tim

• Scientist
    • The Wargamer
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 06:49:01 AM »
Fantastic Worlds sounds great. If Brodasword Adventures is coming out after FW (Nov 07), does that mean it will be some time in 2008?

TT.

Offline Terrible Tim

• Scientist
    • The Wargamer
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 04:38:56 AM »
This maybe of interest in this tread:

These are rules and army lists for battles in Conan's Hyborean Age. They are written by Lin Carter and Scott Bizar. Printed in 1975, I purchased them in the early 80's in Australia. They are written in the style of ancient/historical rules. I have never played them, bought them because I am a Conan fan. I also have Conan RPG games, comics, books etc - which I looked at when I was searching through boxes of my old wargaming gear for these rules...arrr the memories. Until today, I forgot that I had these rules.

TT.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »
Hi Tim,

I also have these rules. Same like you. Iam a fan and had to buy those rules !

Björn
, ,

Offline KeyanSark

• Mad Scientist
  • Lead for the Lead Mountain!
    • http://www.loresdelsith.net
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »
Quote from: "Operator5"
The game will be a REH Conan style game. No elves, dwarves, fairies, etc. However, like all our games, you will have archetypes that you could probably use to create those same races.

Monsters? Yes. Mostly generic creature types that are either abominations created by magic or have stepped through the void and entered the Broadsword Adventures World. Think about any Conan story and most of the monsters are either giant versions of existing animals (demonic serpents) or demons summoned from another realm. The rules will be set up so that you can mix and match abilities (like the character archetypes) and create many different monsters.

Magic? Yes. But it won't be the WHFB type of magic with fireballs and such. It will be more ceremonial in nature (meaning it may take a couple of turns to get it to work) and will involve summoning dark or light powers to do your bidding.

Dungeoncrawls? ABSOLUTELY! One of the scenarios in the main rulebook will be a solo adventure dungeoncrawl.

Godammit, Rich... Another "Must Have" in my list...  :cry:  :lol:
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
Keyan Sark - Coordinador de SithNET
SithNET - http://www.loresdelsith.net
TT - http://talisman.foro.st
http://displacedminiatures.com/keyansark
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 12:23:53 PM »
Sounds like it's going to be great, just the kind of grounded-fantasy game I'm looking for.

Just so I have it all clear in my head, will it be a stand alone game, or will I need Glorie or some other 'core' game to play?
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 01:33:01 PM »
Quote from: "revford"
Just so I have it all clear in my head, will it be a stand alone game, or will I need Glorie or some other 'core' game to play?

Completely stand-alone. If you are familiar with any of the other rules sets, the rules will be easy to pick up with this one. I'll change some things to get the fantasy feel right, but the core mechanics will be very familiar.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »
Completely stand-alone. If you are familiar with any of the other rules sets, the rules will be easy to pick up with this one. I'll change some things to get the fantasy feel right, but the core mechanics will be very familiar.

Cheers, I'm sold then.  :)

Offline Terrible Tim

• Scientist
    • The Wargamer
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »
Quote from: "Terrible Tim"
Fantastic Worlds sounds great. If Brodasword Adventures is coming out after FW (Nov 07), does that mean it will be some time in 2008?

Hello Richard,
About what date do you think it will be released? (I am very interested in this game  :) .)

TT.

Offline Mo

• Mad Scientist
    • Oddman Productions
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 10:21:26 PM »
Tim,

I don't know the exact date, but I know it is supposed to be the first release of 2008, so look for it in February or March, before Cold Wars.

Marc
Fantastic Worlds: Pulp Action in the Far Reaches of Space
http://oddmanproductions.com

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
Broadsword Adventures
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 12:03:29 PM »

Not sure but is this what the term "low fantasy" describes?
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...