Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:18:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Geezers etc  (Read 2925 times)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Geezers etc
« on: September 20, 2014, 10:24:19 PM »
We already have quite a few Geezers figures.
Even a few vehicles (mostly minis unfortunately).

But ideally we would like a few more figures suitable for 1970s ish games.

Any suggestions? I looked at KKBB from Copplestone, but don't really want slotta bases - all our existing figures are on coins.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
Re: Geezers etc
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 10:32:14 PM »
It is easy to clip the tabs of and glue the figs directly to coins, I do that with all my slotta figures.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 12:18:48 AM »
It is easy to clip the tabs of and glue the figs directly to coins, I do that with all my slotta figures.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.
Not entirely sure that I would trust that - a lot of my figures get used at the school club, so may have a dozen different players using them in a month.
I find the paint gets rubbed/chipped even with a varnish, so not sure if glued feet would hold.

Offline CPBelt

• Bookworm
    • League of Ordinary Gamers Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 01:08:16 AM »
CP Models has an excellent how-to article with photos showing how to clip the tab and mount the figures. 20mm but should work for 28mm.

http://www.cpmodelsminiatures.co.uk/cp%20models%20rebasing%20slotta%20based%20figures.htm

Reaper has some figures, but they look a bit different from Geezers and might be bigger. (I love the Geezers as well. A good choice!)

Home of fantasy, ancient, and dark age paper armies for WM & other games.

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 07:01:04 AM »
Anisty Castings do 70's football hooligans in the Agro miniatures range. Some of the Offensive Miniatures rioters and Foundry  Street Violence (skin heads and punks) might also be suitable? A lot of the Crooked Dice figures are also from around the right time period.
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »
Anisty Castings do 70's football hooligans in the Agro miniatures range. Some of the Offensive Miniatures rioters and Foundry  Street Violence (skin heads and punks) might also be suitable? A lot of the Crooked Dice figures are also from around the right time period.

Ainsty's Aggro range looks to be by the same sculptor as Geezers (Martin Baker?), so those should fit well. 

The Black Tree Doctor Who range will yield a few civilians in appropriate fashions, but like Crooked Dice and Copplestone, they are on tabs. 

Artizan has the other half of the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang range, and a lot of the Thrilling Tales figures would work too - lots of people in the 1970s still dressed much the same as at mid-century, especially older folk.  So quite a few WW2 and Inter War ranges will have usable figures.  Check out the Civilian packs from Musketeer in particular for workmen in flat caps, housewives in pinafores, a vicar in tweed and a schoolboy in shorts and cap (just like I was wearing at the start of the decade!).
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »
Crooked Dice has a fair few figs but again slottas. I don't see why you could not mix the two types of bases. Or perhaps use a stronger super glue to attach them to the coins.

Offline Stepman3

• Scientist
    • http://stepman3.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 05:08:28 PM »
I place all my figures on fender washers with "super glue" then use grey pumice around the feet. The pumice dries to a rock hard finish. I have based figures standing on 1 foot this way and they are still attached...

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 09:04:38 PM »
Two part epoxy will keep them on the base with a far stronger bond than superglue. I've even used it for models on tip-toes.