Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:23:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689842
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Your miniatures...in my game! (Several manufacturers) - Shoot N' Skedaddle.  (Read 6264 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
While fiddling around with the Plains War expansion to Shoot N' Skedaddle I decided that I'd like to add some art to my character cards.  While discussing artwork with some artist buddies of mine I came to the conclusion that I don't have the funds to purchase art for 40-80 character cards (not by a long shot!).  Thus, I contacted some miniatures companies to see if I could use painted figures for images.

Wargames Foundry responded quickly and enthusiastically.

I'll be starting a rather lengthy and mind-numbing process of re-creating 40-80 character cards over the next several months.  So I'd like to open this thread to anyone with nicely painted Wargames Foundry Old West figures.  If you're interested in having your work featured on SnS cards, please do post up pictures.  Simple grey/white/blue backgrounds would be appreciated with decent pictures.  I'll be editing out backgrounds most likely.

All I ask is that the image is not copyrighted for another project, etc. and that you're okay with me using it.  I am not offering any financial incentive beyond you having your pictures featured in a printed game.  ;)

The images will be featured on the SnS character cards with a WF citation, and I can add an artist/painter name along with that (full name, abbreviated, internet monicker etc.). Since this will take quite some time, and require a hefty amount of re-design there is no rush.  In the future I may add other companies, but I have not heard back from others yet.  

ADDED: Eric from Conquest Miniatures has given me the go-ahead to use images of his Plains Indians as well.  Those are now included!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:29:24 AM by Elbows »
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Your miniatures...in my game! (Foundry/Conquest) - Shoot N' Skedaddle.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »
So I've received the go-ahead from:

Wargames Foundry
Black Scorpion Miniatures
Conquest Miniatures (Plains Indians)

Galloping Major

So far.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:30:34 AM by Elbows »

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 09:57:52 PM »
I'll be happy to contribute painted photos of my stuff. I'll see if I can get decent photos for you.

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 10:51:30 PM »
I can help with that too, both Wargames Foundry and Black Scorpion. None of my Conquest stuff is painted yet.
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 12:27:25 AM »
Cool, yeah with Black Scorpion I can use a few of my own.  Just looking for decent paintjobs, and a quality photo (probably the harder part!).  So reasonable resolution and decent lighting.  Since I'll need 80 freakin' photos I'll just be gathering all of the ones people post and then seeing which ones scale right onto the cards etc.  I've never taken proper pics of my stuff (normally just cell phone group shots etc.) so I'll have to set up some lighting and try to get some pics.

PS: If you guys post a pic, please add the "name" you'd like printed with the work.  Can be any kind of name you'd like, but I'd like to list it.

For instance "Oscar T." or simply "Elbows" etc.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Added: Lance from Galloping Major has given me the go-ahead to use his miniatures as well.  So any submissions with GM stuff would be appreciate as well!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
I have BS, GM and Foundry.
Feel free to nick 'em from my thread.
 ;)

(Just put from the collection of Mason, as they are not all painted by me, if that helps...)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Mason, sounds good.  I'll go through your thread a few more times and see which pics are big enough to work with.  Thanks.

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
You can use any pictures in this thread : http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=51359.0

I have a lot of artizan (which you don't seems to have the agreement yet). If you need better photo or different background I can work on it an redo some shots if you want.

Let me know.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Thanks Tree,

Yeah I may contact Artizan, depends on the turn-out.  I know there are a lot of manufacturers, but I'll quickly run out of room if I need them all!  lol

I'll probably send out another wave of emails this weekend.

Offline Deedles

• Mastermind
    • One man & his brushes
I can here too. Plenty to choose from, and if you want any specific ones setting up , it's no bother.

Cheers
Deedles

One day the lead mountain will be gone.... one day

http://onemanhisbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://blazingdice.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Cholly

• Scientist
  • Put the gun down.............Please?
Elbows,
Another load of Artizan mini's (if you get the agreement to use them) and a couple of Foundry are free for you to use on this thread: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=62890.0 as long as they are of an acceptable standard, I'm no Tom Weiss
Cholly
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:02:44 AM by Cholly »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Thanks guys, the response is killer.  I'll be going through the threads and pics and seeing what catches my eye.  I'll email Artizan shortly.

The only issue I'm seeing here right now is lighting/picture quality.  That'll be the predominant obstacle to just grabbing photos out of threads.  I know it sucks too because most of us aren't pro-photographers with a lovely set-up!  The printing normally dulls/dims images I put on cards, so the initial pictures need to be properly lit with enough contrast and colour.  I'll start scouring and posting requests if you guys have the time.

:)  Thanks for the response so far.  I'm friends with some excellent painters locally as well so I'm going to see if I can pawn off some miniatures on them too... lol

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
I will be happy to help...also Forrest at Knuckleduster (whom I have many  of his figs also) would no doubt be happy to join the list.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
The printing normally dulls/dims images I put on cards, so the initial pictures need to be properly lit with enough contrast and colour. 

Elbows,
Suggestion: try saving your pictures in CMYK rather than RGB for printing.  :)

I'll send you some pics, if you need them in a different size/format let me know.

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com