Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:38:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Clarification please.  (Read 5883 times)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Re: Clarification please.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 11:59:33 PM »
Thanks Jim.  8)

I'm sure the posts on here from those in the know will reassure a good few users, and show that the new rules aren't as grim as many of us may have originally thought.

May I suggest in future when there's a rule change in any other forum there might be a discussion thread in this forum? That wouldn't distract from the sub-forum involved and allow folk to discuss it openly.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:04:59 AM by 6milPhil »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 07:26:13 AM »
Phil, as it stands in principle I (and I'm pretty sure Chris too) would have no issues with a fictionalised country as you describe. I'd like to give a hard and fast ruling for you but it is going to be more on a case by case basis. Obviously this might lead to some 'if', 'but' and 'maybe' type situations, but other than a blanket ban, I can see no other way to keep most people happy and to stick with the direction we are now taking on LAF.

As always I am happy to work with anyone, either within a thread on the board or via PM, to resolve any problems. The rules are the bottom line and the fallback position obviously... but neither do we really want to spoil anyone's fun and enjoyment any more than is necessary either.

Post 2000 figures and models featured on a sort of 'no names, no pack drill' basis are welcome on the board, as are manufacturers' releases... the Captain and others have it pretty much on the money, so I won't repeat what has already been said.

Jim, just by way of feedback I'd personally say that the revised direction is both welcome and reasonable. It's a decent compromise from where I'm sitting. I think that the situation has (largely, I haven't obviously seen some of your pms!) been resolved in a LAFable manner. Once I get my Spectre figures and start painting I'll at the very least get to pop them on for a bit of feedback. Whether my pseudo Third Indochina War imagi-nation will be ok, we'll see down the line. Funnily enough I went with an imagined setting because I liked the modern figures but didn't want to game a modern (actual) conflict!

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:04 AM »
Jim, just by way of feedback I'd personally say that the revised direction is both welcome and reasonable. It's a decent compromise from where I'm sitting.

I would second that too. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable with discussions on Ukraine and have seen the TMP threads on ISIS (not sure if people are being ironic or moronic over on TMP). This is a better compromise and by allowing imagi-nations like mine, Zugando, and Phil's Jahadistan (which are both clearly fictional setting created so we can play wargames with figures we like rather than attempts to recreate any real world conflicts).
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 10:33:11 AM »
Thanks guys!  :)

Okay I appreciate that the changes may not be to everyone's liking but hopefully we now have a balance between what both the moderating team, most of the membership and indeed the Bundesregierung feel are acceptable, if not exactly perfect.

;)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 01:09:11 PM »
Maybe having this a temporary sticky so the topic doesn't come up again?

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

former user

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »