Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:15:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: a long way home  (Read 9878 times)

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
Re: a long way home
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 10:53:09 PM »
....Am typing up the third one today but they take longer to write up than they do to play!! ....

That they do, but thank you for doing it.
Looking forward to #3!

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 08:10:20 AM »
episode 3 now posted! comments always welcome  :)

chris

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »
It's an awesome story, I can almost feel the smell of burnt cordite, sweat and blood  lol!!! Great read and Sam is doing very well, so far  ;).

Very cool urban board you've got, a bit envious. Care to elaborate on some of the bits? Where did you get the streets/ bases from?
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 10:07:59 PM »
 :o
What a great story & Batrep!
The poor bus driver, but Sam's the MAN!
Did he get a rep increase?
Did Harry?
Were there any passengers on the bus?
I look forward to #4!

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 10:37:04 PM »
Did Harry?
I look forward to #4!

After that "one man army" stuff, Sam SHOULD get a bloody medal (and an increase in Rep)  lol.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 12:09:44 AM »
After that "one man army" stuff, Sam SHOULD get a bloody medal (and an increase in Rep)  lol.

Sam'll need a rep increase when he runs out of 12guage rounds.  ;)

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 04:22:51 AM »
It's an awesome story, I can almost feel the smell of burnt cordite, sweat and blood  lol!!! Great read and Sam is doing very well, so far  ;).

Very cool urban board you've got, a bit envious. Care to elaborate on some of the bits? Where did you get the streets/ bases from?

the boards are just Stoelzel's structures print outs from the undeveloped real estate set glued on to 30cm sq 5mm mdf board.  this gives me lots of permutations on the layout and there is a lot of variety within the set for all sorts of roads at different stages of the apocalypse.  Cant recommend carl's stuff enough.  Most of the buildings I possess  (all except 1) are from the same source.  print out and build on 5mm thick foam board.  Start with the easy ones and move on to the more complex ones.  I really like them and they all have detailed interiors.  Each set normally comes with options so you can print out 2 or 3 of the same set without them being the same.  you can get them from wargames vault for a few dollars each and it's an easy way to fill out a zombie board.  They are quite addictive though......
The walls are just cork floor tiles cut into blocks and reglued together.  I build a lot of stuff out of cork bricks.  I find the gluing of cork blocks quite relaxing :)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 06:00:44 AM »
Hectic story, I wasn't expecting Sam to make it through alive! I thought he was a gonner. Good luck to him next time.

Cheers
Matt.

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 07:34:40 AM »
Did Harry?
I look forward to #4!

I don't think Harry will be getting any better at his age  but I think Sam is due an increase in his shooting skill - he has been using it a lot lately.  However, I think shooting 4 maybe as good as it will get for him, but we shall see!
No passengers that made it off alive anyway...... lol

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 07:38:35 AM »
Sam'll need a rep increase when he runs out of 12guage rounds.  ;)

I feel he is only surviving because of the shotgun!!  a great leveler for a shoot3/rep 3 character!!

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 09:22:01 AM »
I feel he is only surviving because of the shotgun!!  a great leveler for a shoot3/rep 3 character!!

The Equalizer!!!  lol

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 09:28:43 AM »
the boards are just Stoelzel's structures print outs from the undeveloped real estate set glued on to 30cm sq 5mm mdf board.  this gives me lots of permutations on the layout and there is a lot of variety within the set for all sorts of roads at different stages of the apocalypse.  Cant recommend carl's stuff enough.  Most of the buildings I possess  (all except 1) are from the same source.  print out and build on 5mm thick foam board.  Start with the easy ones and move on to the more complex ones.  I really like them and they all have detailed interiors.  Each set normally comes with options so you can print out 2 or 3 of the same set without them being the same.  you can get them from wargames vault for a few dollars each and it's an easy way to fill out a zombie board.  They are quite addictive though......
The walls are just cork floor tiles cut into blocks and reglued together.  I build a lot of stuff out of cork bricks.  I find the gluing of cork blocks quite relaxing :)

I thought they were, I have some card buildings, mostly Fat Dragon and I tried to do The Cottage but I didn't like what I did with it so I shelved that project.  :( I did make some interior print outs, bed, toilet, cupboards etc though. For a guy who's got very limited time for the hobby I have personally found that the MDF buildings are a real blessing.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 10:09:44 PM »

Never underestimate a 12 guage.
Have you seen Hobo with a Shotgun with Rutger Hauer?
Great grindhouse typoe flick!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640459/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 01:30:28 AM »
Amalric - I followed the link  lol  A film I shall watch out for!!!

Legionaire - I like the mdf buildings.  They look really good but I have about 20 foamboard ones now and I'm not sure how well they would mix.  I plan on doing a very british civil war game at some point and I think I will be using mdf buildings for that.

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 01:33:10 AM »
Hectic story, I wasn't expecting Sam to make it through alive! I thought he was a gonner. Good luck to him next time.

Cheers
Matt.

lol Nor was I at a couple of points.  You know you have done something wrong when you have to rely on an out of control bus to pull your nuts out of the fire!!!