Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Setting intro for new ATZ FFO Bedford, UK campaign (first minis painted)  (Read 17209 times)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
I remember well the day the Apocalypse came to town. It wasn't tearing down the streets like an unshackled Beast, not at first, it was more like that slowly but inevitable gnawing pain of a toothache that would grow and grow until you didn't think you could take anymore.

The past week had been mad at work, simply put, the A&E department was up to here in patients and our theatre department was running on the overtime clock, day and night. I, like many of my colleagues was pulling the third 18hr shift in as many days and the lack of proper sleep was making itself known. Of course there were many theories to what was causing this "epidemic" of sick and injured, situation in the Middle East, the recent cut-backs, local pubs running 24/7 services and the ever present "THEY". We had treated more patients in the past days than we normally deal with in a month, accidents, car crashes, punch-ups, stabbings and even two gunshot wounds which are very rare here. A couple of our fellow members of the emergency services had also been treated in the process and as the next case rolled into theatre I instantly recognised the green uniform of a paramedic!!

"Come on team, let's go," Mr Singh the surgeon snapped, he was a plump Asian with an infamous temper but you couldn't fault his skill.
Everyone did what they were supposed to do and while Dr Kendrick the anaesthetist busied himself with keeping the patient breathing the paramedics bloodied clothes were discarded. She had suffered multiple injuries, to me it looked like she had been savaged by a big dog, skin tears on arms, chest and even the face, her hands were severely mangled and I didn't need anyone to tell me that it looked bad for her, I've worked long enough here. Dr Kendrick looked up with worry all over his face, pen in mouth.
"SAT's 75 and dropping fast, BP all over the place, tachy heart rate..." he rattled off a string of concerns and ordered his ODP to get some drugs, pulling levers and toggles on his machine that gave off a spectrum of different warning signals, some of them I've never heard.
"She's flat lining, Crash Trolley!!!" The alarm button was pressed and any spare hands rushed to our aid.
The next minute was an orderly chaotic cacophony, the whole team tried to the best of their abilities to save this young woman's life, she was in her late 20's, pretty in a way under all that blood, the surgeon was shouting instructions, the anaesthetist was shouting instructions, I was running back and forth fetching stuff but all of a sudden everything just stopped. I swear, you could hear a pin drop in the silence and Mr Singh hung his head, the bridge of his nose clenched between his fingers.
"1414, patient pronounced dead on the table," he said.
While doctors and surgeons went into a huddle, discussing the case, we started cleaning up, mopping the floor from the blood, cleaning and making the deceased presentable. Some of the staff looked distinctly emotional, it's always harder when it's "one of your own".
"I knew her, well, maybe not knew exactly, but I've seen her around. Always seemed such a happy chatty girl," Julie said as she was wiping the face of the deceased clean with a gentle hand.
"Mmmm, it's the second one today," I mumbled as I mopped the floor, feeling distinctly less than my usual cheerful self.
"Second what?"
"Second that died on the table."
"... Oh..."
After that there was not really anything more anyone wanted to say. The ladies finished cleaning up the paramedic and make her presentable, rolled up in a white sheet with only her face showing it almost looked like she was asleep. Mr Singh and Dr Kendrick were off to one side, talking in hushed voices and I was just on my way out to the sluice with the dirty mop bucket when the world suddenly lurched, tilted a bit and and pulled the trapdoor to where Madness reigned and let it loose.

"Please... help... me," everybody turned in slow motion as those croaked words were spoken.
Marjorie, a peroxide blond middle aged woman was clawing at the hand that was holding her throat in an iron grip. I'd like to tell it differently, someone leaping bravely into action and rescuing Marjorie, but the cold truth is that we all were standing there, too tired and too shocked to do anything but watch, as the dead paramedic rose up from the table and ripped Marjorie's throat with her teeth!!!!!
Two things raced through my head at that moment:
"Holy Shit!!!" and
"I need to pick up Amca before it gets worse."

"OBIE" (Star)

A Swede who recently turned middle-aged, but have lived for many years in the UK. He has a little daughter from a previous relationship but lives on his own and works in the local hospital. In his youth he was in the forces and he's got CQC/MA experience. He's well known around work as a funny, happy, cheerful bloke and in his free time he likes to do long distance running and working out, keeping himself in good shape for his age. He also speaks several languages to a varying degree.

Morale   4   Medic 1
Shoot   3   Initiative
Melee   4   Never considered to be Unarmed
People   4
Tech           2
Fitness   4
Drive           3

"AMCA"

A five year old hyperactive normal girl. She's a bit of a tomboy but also has a very caring personality. She's the apple of Obie's eyes and he would go to Hell and back again for her.

Morale   3   Diminutive (anyone trying to spot or attack her subtracts either -1 from
Shoot   3   result or -1 die for Melee)
Melee   2
People   3
Tech           3
Fitness   3
Drive           2

"MANNI"

Obie's romantic interest, a statuesque posh woman, more used to luxury holidays, spas and golf than pub meals but have British Steel at her core. How these two found each other is a bit of a mystery but things were heating up nicely between them, at least until the Apocalypse.

Morale   3   Attractive
Shoot    3
Melee    3
People       4
Tech            3
Fitness      4
Drive    4
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:40:39 PM by Legionnaire »
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
Re: Setting intro for new ATZ FFO Bedford, UK campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:50:55 PM »
Great writeup.
I'm looking forward to the Batreps.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 11:10:40 PM »
Great writeup.
I'm looking forward to the Batreps.

Thank you, I am itching to get my new campaign going. I know what stuff I want to get but have to wait for the money due to me  :-[. With a little luck I can roll out Episode 1 in a couple of weeks.

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 05:56:07 AM »
I love reading bat reps so am already looking forward to this :D

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 10:14:53 AM »
I love reading bat reps so am already looking forward to this :D

I love to read the story of the game, not so much the mechanics behind. To me, winning the game, whether I play solo or against an opponent is always to have fun!!!  :D

I might do the Prelude today, I'm really excited to start this!!!  :D

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 07:30:43 PM »

"OBIE" (Star)

A Swede who recently turned middle-aged, but have lived for many years in the UK. He has a little daughter from a previous relationship but lives on his own and works in the local hospital. In his youth he was in the forces and he's got CQC/MA experience. He's well known around work as a funny, happy, cheerful bloke and in his free time he likes to do long distance running and working out, keeping himself in good shape for his age. He also speaks several languages to a varying degree.

Morale   4   Medic 1
Shoot   3   Initiative
Melee   4   Never considered to be Unarmed
People   4
Tech           2
Fitness   4
Drive           3

"MANNI"

Obie's romantic interest, a statuesque posh woman, more used to luxury holidays, spas and golf than pub meals but have British Steel at her core. How these two found each other is a bit of a mystery but things were heating up nicely between them, at least until the Apocalypse.

Morale   3   Attractive
Shoot    3
Melee    3
People       4
Tech            3
Fitness      4
Drive    4

"AMCA"

A five year old hyperactive normal girl. She's a bit of a tomboy but also has a very caring personality. She's the apple of Obie's eyes and he would go to Hell and back again for her.

Morale   3   Diminutive (anyone trying to spot or attack her subtracts either -1 from
Shoot   3   result or -1 die for Melee)
Melee   2
People   3
Tech           3
Fitness   3
Drive           2

Groupshot

Offline pinstrpepete

• Bookworm
Re: Setting intro for new ATZ FFO Bedford, UK campaign (first minis painted)
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »
Looking good mate.

I absolutely love the model you are using for your star. I have the miniature myself sitting in my lead pile waiting for attention.

look forward to watching this develop.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 09:43:56 PM »
Looking good mate.

I absolutely love the model you are using for your star. I have the miniature myself sitting in my lead pile waiting for attention.

look forward to watching this develop.

Cheers mate  :). I know what you mean, when I saw "Clint" painted in a previous post a while ago by Brummie Thug I decided it was a "must have"  lol!!! Next there will be some terrain, buildings and scenery.

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 04:10:58 AM »
Those look great!
I look forward to seeing them in action.
Though I am a bit nervious for the little girl in the zombie appocolypse.

I'm with y'all on Clint.
He's deffonately on my next hasslefree order. 

Offline chrisw

• Librarian
    • project Z
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 05:28:17 PM »
That was quick! :o  great models and painting.  looking forward to the game reports....

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 05:41:40 PM »
Great intro, will be interesting to read and see how it all boils down. And good looking minis too!

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 08:53:19 PM »
Great stuff. Lovely build-up and great looking minis as well.

Looking forward to seeing how this fine trio survive... or not as the case may be  ;)
Painting & Gaming Blog: https://www.fantoricalwargaming.com/
Daily Super-hero Comic Review Blog: http://thebrownbagaeccb.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »
Great stuff. I love the blonde look on Clint and that babe is on my must get list.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 09:57:26 AM »
That was quick! :o  great models and painting.  looking forward to the game reports....

I do admit, got them Friday and painted them in one sitting in the evening. Army Painter is a boon to us with limited time  lol.

Great intro, will be interesting to read and see how it all boils down. And good looking minis too!

Thanks pocoloco, the first game has been played (couldn't wait for the minis to arrive) and I will continue very soon as more terrain is ordered as we speak  :D.

Great stuff. Lovely build-up and great looking minis as well.

Looking forward to seeing how this fine trio survive... or not as the case may be  ;)

Cheers mate, I'm quite happy with the result as well, and I am also looking forward to play this campaign!!!

Great stuff. I love the blonde look on Clint and that babe is on my must get list.

Cheers Brummie, I saw your version of Clint a while ago and decided I HAD to get that mini, you did a lovely paintjob on that one  :).

Offline Iv.An.

• Bookworm
  • Andrey Iv
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 10:47:25 AM »
I look on the characters profiles and i don't understand which book do u use.