Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691047
  • Total Topics: 118365
  • Online Today: 809
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Black Tree Design Sale Question.  (Read 5901 times)

Offline maxxon

• Mad Scientist
    • Small Cuts
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Black Tree Design Sale Question.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 01:45:49 PM »
I got the impression that they were under new management or something similar...

In any case I ordered 150 or so HYW warriors. Now I just have to figure out what to do with them...
Small Cuts - a miniatures webzine - www.smallcuts.net

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 02:52:11 PM »
Ordered some great orcs from them midweek, arrived on the Friday. That is up there with the best delivery times from miniature companies. Really nice sculpts (Kev Adams?) and you can pay by PayPal too!
Would definitely use again.

This is using the UK website btw.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »
I got the impression that they were under new management or something similar...

In any case I ordered 150 or so HYW warriors. Now I just have to figure out what to do with them...

They're mostly good for the early stages of the HYW..... so.....clean 'em..... paint 'em and play with 'em dear boy  ;) :)

This is using the UK website btw.

Good hint... especially if you can pay via Paypal  8) 8).

Darrell.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:35:48 PM by Atheling »

Offline maxxon

• Mad Scientist
    • Small Cuts
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 06:57:48 AM »

They're mostly good for the early stages of the HYW..... so.....clean 'em..... paint 'em and play with 'em dear boy  ;) :)

Yes, I'll get them painted. I quite like them, that's why I got them.

It's the last part that baffles me. Maybe Lion Rampant, but after I get them and my archers done I'll have something around 500 figures and that's probably way too much.

Plus I have zero desire to do real heraldry.

P.S. There are Kev White sculpts in the old Harlequin ranges at least. Not Sure if Kev Adams made anything for them.

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 03:50:28 PM »
P.S. There are Kev White sculpts in the old Harlequin ranges at least. Not Sure if Kev Adams made anything for them.

Ah, my bad. It is the Harlequin ones I was talking of. I do sometimes get my Orc sculpting Kevs muddled up! :?

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 11:13:12 PM »
Just wanted to chime in that I've ordered from BTD (North America) 2-3 times in the last couple years.  They aren't the fastest, but I don't recall ever having to wait too long.

Joining their email list and getting the sale updates is definitely worth it.  Their not-Squats are cheap as is, and at 50% off they're irresistable.  Nice Fantasy humans too.  Both fantasy lines mesh well with 90's era Warhammer and Grenadier "Fantasy Warriors".

Offline italian

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »
I, m not been so lucky with my order from BTD.
I'm waiting from more than 30 days,  I've had no reply at all when emailed them (more than one email).
I would  have no problems if they answered me just to say "we are busy but don't worry" or something similar.
looking on internet I found that this complaint is normal.
I give my money you give your good. This is fair.
At the same time I received two more orders from England.
Orders made after the BTD one, so please don't start talking about italian mail.
All this is as BTD run their business.
Regard

Diego

Offline maxxon

• Mad Scientist
    • Small Cuts
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
They always get clogged after a big sale -- the stuff is essentially cast to order.

I'm waiting for my order as well, but I'm sure it'll get here at some point.

Yes, replying to emails would be nice but I also see that in a situation like this having someone shift through emails essentially means taking a man off the production line.

Huge sales really should be run like projects, with a mailing list for all the customers and periodic common updates.

Offline pbjunky1

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 08:29:03 PM »
I've ordered quite a few times from BTD over the last 18 months. They used to have a bad rep but I think there is some new management arrangement in place and all bar one of my orders have arrived within the 28days, usually a bit on the longer side when they have just had a big offer on like the 50% off etc.  The only time they went over 28 days I got it around 35 days after placing the order and it was after a 50% off everything sale.
I'm not generally in a hurry for the minis but once I was & communicated this to them at time of placing the order. I received the order 10 days after placing it.
All in all I'm happy to order from BTD when they have offers on. The infantry and riders are good quality sculpts though the horses are mostly too large. I wish they'd resculpt them.