Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:53:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 527
Total: 533

Recent

Author Topic: Eureka 40mm Musketeer range - some painted pics  (Read 4637 times)

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
Eureka 40mm Musketeer range - some painted pics
« on: September 14, 2008, 03:16:23 PM »
I've had a few free days after handing over a big work project, so I thought I'd tackle some of the lead mountain. I bought a job lot of the Eureka 40mm Musketeer range four months ago, and these are the first minis to see a paint brush. They're really fantastic sculpts, and great fun to paint.

Firstly, four of the Cardinal's guards:

A couple of serving wenches:

And some damsels (soon to be in distress):

Incidentally, the mini in the yellow dress is a Soiled Dove from the HLBS Old West range, with some skirts added to help preserve her modesty.

Enjoy!

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
Re: Eureka 40mm Musketeer range - some painted pics
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:52:02 PM »
nice conversion. wouldn't have known  ;) p.s nice work on the mini's in general/
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 05:08:27 AM »
Nice Job...but no no no I will not go into another scale lol.  Those are great and the eyes have that "I dare you" look to them
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:40:12 AM »
Very well done, great conversion too :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 08:03:37 PM »
 Very good paint jobs and a brilliant conversion! I never have noticed that HLBS have a 40mm range; I simply HAVE to browse though them...
 ::)

Zafarelli at 01:00 am:
\"...everything is strange in a way. ... Always."

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 12:57:20 AM »
Nice conversion. I have mine all filed down and they are ready for priming...just need more hours in the day. I watched The Man in the Iron Mask last night and then I see your painted figures...must be a sign...must make more time in the day...just need some cooperative weather and then I can paint them. Show us more when you get them done.
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:12:15 AM »
Very good paint jobs and a brilliant conversion! I never have noticed that HLBS have a 40mm range; I simply HAVE to browse though them...

Vikotnik - thanks indeed! That's high praise coming from you, as it was the sublime quality of your own Eureka Musketeers that inspired me to buy them in the first place.

HLBS have a few interesting figures that fit in well. As well as the mini above, try their 1670s Buccaneer captain, who is perfect for another flamboyant swordsman. Mine isn't painted yet so I can't show it here, sorry, but you can find it at www.hlbs.co.uk/product.php?id=43.

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 12:02:53 PM »
Realy nice paintjob. I like them  ;)

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 03:00:58 PM »

Vikotnik - thanks indeed! That's high praise coming from you, as it was the sublime quality of your own Eureka Musketeers that inspired me to buy them in the first place.

HLBS have a few interesting figures that fit in well. As well as the mini above, try their 1670s Buccaneer captain, who is perfect for another flamboyant swordsman. Mine isn't painted yet so I can't show it here, sorry, but you can find it at www.hlbs.co.uk/product.php?id=43.

Thank You for the link! I remember noticing the other thread of Yours about the 40mm musketeers quite some time ago. Please keep us updated about any progress!

Now I must proceed to the HLBS site to do dome ordering...
 ::)

Offline Hektor von Kreuzberg

• Student
    • Hektors Homepage
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 02:02:33 AM »
Beautiful figures and a very interesting topic. It would perhaps be a next subject after the pirates for me. Unfortunately, is me 40mm too big. I did everything like to 28mm. Does anyone have know Figures on this topic in 28mm?

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 02:58:30 AM »
Beautiful figures and a very interesting topic. It would perhaps be a next subject after the pirates for me. Unfortunately, is me 40mm too big. I did everything like to 28mm. Does anyone have know Figures on this topic in 28mm?

There are plenty. Brigade Games and Blue Moon Manufacturing are two good places to start, their figures were sculpted quite recently in conjunction with the swashbuckling boom of the past couple years. A pair of older ranges can be found at Redoubt (where the figure in my avatar is from) and Black Hat. The Redoubt range is nicely varied but the castings can take some elbow grease to prep and assemble. The Black Hat range doesn't really mix well with other stuff, but the sculpts have a certain cute, charicaturish charm to them.

The great thing is that if you're already doing pirates, then you can mix these two themes quite a lot. Other tangential themes such as highwaymen, border reivers and conquistadors can also yield some useful figures if you select them carefully. Outpost makes a good range of highwaymen worth checking out.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Hektor von Kreuzberg

• Student
    • Hektors Homepage
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 11:22:26 PM »
@Rhoderic

Thanks for the information