Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:10:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BF&S Fighting along the Lithuanian border AAR  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
BF&S Fighting along the Lithuanian border AAR
« on: January 17, 2015, 09:01:10 PM »
A while back I tried out the very intriguing division led by prince Boguslaw Radziwill published by Wargamer.pl in PDF format. The division has a base of Lithuanian/Commonwealth troops, but can field Swedish allied regiments as add-on regiments. Imo you can play this army as a Lithuanian army loyal to the commonwealth - or when playing with the add-on Swedish forces play it as the traitor army that fought against the Crown with the invading Swedes during the Deluge.

For a Commonwealth army this force has few typical commonwealth troops in it. Instead it relies mostly on western type troops. However, the cavalry regiment of prince Radziwill includes a hard hitting combination of cossack style cavalry, elite Pancerni, two bases of winged hussars and Reiters. This alone, and especially when playing the base of the division with only 3 regiments, gives you a nice mix of potent cavalry units to go with static and mobile infantry formations.

The army suffers from a couple of drawbacks, such as the Commonwealth special rule of "Treasury problems", but more importantly your commander is hated by his troops and before you start the battle you must roll on a chart and check the mindset of the army. The results range from no effect, to a single or all regiments except prince Radziwills own cavalry regiment be "insubordinate" and very hard to control.

The prince however does aid your army with a pretty good rule, "Stern", which gives every regiment in your army +1 to their breaking point threshold. This is a welcome bonus, especially if you have small regiments such as the dragoons.

To conclude, I had a great time playing this army, and hope to field it again soon with Swedish allies.

Check the full AAR along with some 50+ pictures over at my blog:

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2015/01/bf-battle-along-lithuanian-border-aar.html

Offline Bartman

• Bookworm
Re: BF&S Fighting along the Lithuanian border AAR
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 06:24:33 PM »
I love your reports. They are always full of great terrain an superbly painted minis.  :-* This has inspired me to get back to work on my BF&S Swedes. If I work diligently enough I can get them done before my stuff from the Deluge kickstarter gets here...  8)

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »
Good to hear the posts inspire further BF&S gaming/painting Barman!  :)

Offline Julfdi

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 09:09:48 AM »
Very nice report.
And interesting force - even without the Swedish allies.

Offline archiduque

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 10:03:32 AM »
Excellent report Anatoli!! ;)