Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:22:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690665
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Large 28mm Darkest Africa Gallery  (Read 41856 times)

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Re: Large 28mm Darkest Africa Gallery
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 07:40:05 PM »
Really great  :o :-* :o :-* :o :-*
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 08:04:07 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Stunning...spectacular...amazing...gorgeous...thanks for sharing such amazing inspiration. the figures, dioramas, terrain, etc. are all breath-taking!!
 :o :o :o :o :o
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 08:09:50 PM »
Very good indeed  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 10:25:48 PM »
Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to write and for the very generous comments.  I have said this before, but it is very true and merits repeating, praise from the talented people on LAF is very highly valued by me.  I do appreciate it sincerely.  Overlord, Stu is correct.  The slaves are by Eureka.  Fifteensaway, I appreciate your forgiveness for my past transgressions, but it may please you to know that for the last six weeks I have reentered the world of 15mm/18mm, and I'm working/playing hard at putting together a French and Indian War collection that I hope will be ready for viewing by October.  Thanks again to all of you for the kind words... you've got to love a hippo with her hands/legs on her hips.  Richard

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 10:32:25 PM »
That's pretty stunning. Great ideas, great photos, very clever arrangements.

:-* :-* :-*
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 10:47:16 PM »
Simply breathtaking photos of a wonderful collection.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 01:25:56 AM »
Simply brilliant; very evocative of the period.  Excellent painting, fantastic photography, interesting subjects.  What more can be said.

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 04:10:10 AM »
A lot of love went into that,Great job,love the birds.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 03:20:53 PM »
Once again thanks for the very generous comments.    Because there was a more open-end quality to this collection... no overarching central layout that I was required to work within, this collection allowed a lot more freedom when it came to arranging the figures and developing the different settings.  The safari and the river worked as  engines that I used to move through much of the collection.  And juergen c. olk, while a lot of love probably goes into all of the collections I do, there was something special for me in this one because the Foundry Darkest Africa figures played such a large part in drawing me into the world of 28mm figures.  Thanks again to all for writing.  I really appreciate hearing from you, and I am very glad you are enjoying my African adventure.  Richard

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 05:23:17 PM »
And juergen c. olk, while a lot of love probably goes into all of the collections I do, there was something special for me in this one because the Foundry Darkest Africa figures played such a large part in drawing me into the world of 28mm figures.  Thanks again to all for writing.  I really appreciate hearing from you, and I am very glad you are enjoying my African adventure.  Richard

That's part of what I love about your gallery, Foundry Darkest Africa is what pulled me into historicals- it is still such an awesome range and one I'll be chipping away at for eternity :)

I recall the first time I saw the catalogue advertising the explorers, I was was blown away that someone had made those figures :)

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 09:45:04 PM »
Superb!  :-*
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 03:11:10 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm drawn like the proverbial moth to the flame to this gallery.  I think I'm up to my fifth viewing - and I know there will be several more.  Sure, it fits right in with plans of my own, to a surprising degree, even.  But it's still captivating for me. 

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 08:33:02 PM »
FifteensAway, it means a lot to me that you are really enjoying this gallery.  Years ago when I was putting together my medieval siege gallery I found a website called Harness and Array.  Throughout my medieval project I visited that site often looking for ideas that I could incorporate in my project or just for a little inspiration.  It pleases me very much that my Africa gallery may be serving you in a similar way.  Thank you so much for letting me know.  Good luck with your African adventure.  Richard

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2015, 07:27:40 AM »
FifteensAway, it means a lot to me that you are really enjoying this gallery.  Years ago when I was putting together my medieval siege gallery I found a website called Harness and Array.  Throughout my medieval project I visited that site often looking for ideas that I could incorporate in my project or just for a little inspiration.  It pleases me very much that my Africa gallery may be serving you in a similar way.  Thank you so much for letting me know.  Good luck with your African adventure.  Richard

Richard,

The work and skill with a brush that has gone into producing the great brushwork alone is worth a look at all of the pics.

The fact that you have placed the mini's in such a great way with stunning terrain only adds to the overall loveliness  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Darrell.

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 07:06:26 PM »
 :-* mind blown  :-*
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.