Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:20:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wargaming the 100  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Blofeld

• Scientist
    • Frontline armchair
Wargaming the 100
« on: February 10, 2015, 09:11:35 PM »
Hello All
I don't know if any of you have watched the excellent PA action drama the 100 based on the books by Kass Morgan. It airs on E4 over in the UK and it fair to say I'm hooked. At the moment me and a few friends are planning out a game based on the TV series. I'll post here again when the introduction's up on my blog.
Hope this is of interest to you
Thanks
Blofeld

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: Wargaming the 100
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 12:22:20 PM »
It took me a while to get into the show, but I'm enjoying it now. I find it easier to watch if I switch off the "that's just silly" part of my brain ;D

The grounders should be easy enough to get, but what are you planning on for the 100 and the others members of their group?

Offline Blofeld

• Scientist
    • Frontline armchair
Re: Wargaming the 100
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
It took me a while to get into the show, but I'm enjoying it now. I find it easier to watch if I switch off the "that's just silly" part of my brain
I know exactly what you mean! The more I watch the more I ignore the errors really once you get caught up in the what I consider a solid storyline and some good action pieces.
The grounders should be easy enough to get, but what are you planning on for the 100 and the others members of their group?
I'll cover this more when (it feels like "if I ever at the moment" lol) I post up the intro on my blog but at the moment the plans are as follows. We've gone for very much our own take on the 100 with some slight changes. We imagine a set up where a similar 100 juvenile criminals have landed on Earth but in a slightly different location with its own tribes of grounders and own mysterious mountain men.
Grounders: Woodland Indians from Wargames Factory. My brother whose taking on the role of the grounders likes the miniatures and we're planning something of a conversion to perhaps add furs and so on. It seems several grounder tribes have quite distinctive styles in places so we decided to use this very high standard miniatures obviously leaving the muskets on the sprue and going with the various clubs and swords.

The Ark troops and the 100: I hope this isn't a spoiler but in the second series the Ark has crashed, in parts, to earth and a cadre of the Ark guard are on earth and even lead patrols into the grounder controlled forest. To this end we've gone for some Hassle-free soldiers and police all mixed together. The great majority are bareheaded and wearing fatigues with ballistic vests as the Guard are depicted wearing. So we'll paint them up with black vests and uniforms and they should look fine. We have an excellent Hassle-free Sadie (c) with a Mac 10 and a torch for our version of Clark and we're planning to acquire a few more similar miniatures from Hassle-free to go alongside her as other survivors of the 100.

Mountain men/ mount weather- again I hope I'm not dishing out spoilers but as with the grounders we decided on a slightly different look to our mountain men. We went for a sort of militia with uniforms but equipped with surplus military weapons. I'm using Reiver castings' SLR equipped British troops wearing berets with an eye to sculpting on gas masks to protect against radiation. May also mix in a few Falklands war British and perhaps even Copplestone's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang henchmen with submachine guns and berets to add a little variety. As for leaders I tempted by an Artizan miniature from their thrilling tales range, Colonel Quinn.

More information will follow shortly on the blog

Thanks
Blofeld