Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Heroes and Villains at Hammerhead  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Tehet

• Librarian
Heroes and Villains at Hammerhead
« on: February 23, 2015, 03:29:01 PM »
On this fine and upcoming weekend takes place the Hammerhead Show at its new venue on the Newark Showground in Lincolnshire. For those who are unfamiliar with its basic concept, the show is play orientated, only allowing Participation Games in the American style. There will also be around 35+ Traders  including Ainsty, Warlord, Prodos amongst them. Oh, yes and they also do a giveaway figure...

You can get more details from
http://www.hammerheadshow.co.uk/

The GCN will be taking its newest take on IHMN, Heroes and Villains. These are 1 on 1 games fought over 2' x 2' boards with 100 point demi-companies using a number of scenarios, some modified from the books, some new ones. Play tests have proved to be very quick and very bloody!

The available Companies are split into two factions, Villains (Evil) and Heroes (Mostly Goodish). Included amongst them so far are the Cirque de Tenebrae, Captain Kennedy's Marines, the Voudoo Blood Cult (Red Sect) and the Brides of Dracula (Noble Vampire)...

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: Heroes and Villains at Hammerhead
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 07:35:08 PM »
I hope that you don't mind but I have transferred your posting above directly to the front page of the IHMN blog to get maximum exposure: https://inhermajestysname.wordpress.com/2015/02/23/heroes-and-villains-at-hammerhead/
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 05:49:50 AM »
Where do people get the lists for the demi-companies or do you want to write their own?

Offline Tehet

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »
Hi to all

We have already prepared lists and figures. All anybody needs to do is turn up!

Creating 100 point Demi-Companies has proved interesting. Essentially, you are removing the big hitters like Alan Quatermain and Akhenaton (who at nearly 100 points each form their own Demi-Companies) and using mainly henchman. For example the Guardians of the Tomb (Ra) consists of one Nubian as overseer and two Mummified Priests, while the NWMP Snatch Squad has one Sergeant, two Mounties and an Indian Scout. In the case of the Vampire Brides there are three Brides. To make them fit 100 points, we kept their Horror and Leadership abilities and stripped away everything else, though one was allowed to have 'Mesmerism'. The majority of Demi-Companies have 4 Combatants.

The Scenarios are all goal driven (no extra points for killing the enemy) and so far have all played in under half an hour. Because there is a maximum of 6 turns, players who take their eye off the goals and go for the scrap can lose very quickly. To prevent any unfair advantage to a firing line, Sides deploy in their chosen zone and the first turn consists of a movement phase only with no Mystic Powers or Shooting allowed.

We use 2 x 2 boards with at least four pieces of scenery (i.e. 4 buildings) to break up charges and LOS.

When we have the full boards out with all the terrain on Saturday, I'll take some photos.

Oh yes, and I have created a Demi-Company of One for Akhenaton just to see how he plays!

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 05:08:43 AM »
Thanks, I have passed that on  :D

Offline Tehet

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:34:50 PM »
A couple of photos from the Action on the day...

We ran three boards and managed around 12 games. Hopefully by Salute we will have the cobblestone boards from Games & Gears (still somewhere between China and Germany!)

Offline Tehet

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 01:37:33 PM »
A Close Up of some of the boards and scenarios

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 06:45:34 PM »
Well done you chaps!  :D

Offline wulfgar22

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »
Nice boards! Looks like loads of fun!