Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:24:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689822
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Incursion is coming!  (Read 19161 times)

Offline harleyface

• Scientist
Incursion is coming!
« on: March 18, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »
Just received the message that Incursion 2nd edition has arrived at Jim(the creator)
So the Game will be sended to backers in the next months..still a lot of work to do for Jim.
This Info could also be a sign for SOTR 2nd.....a lot of people are hoping for crossover gaming.
Also its importent to say that Incursion is one of the real good examples for a ks...
You all know the not so good ones....
Dont know whether Jim has spares but if you are interested you should contact Jim
It seems the game wouldnt see general release....
Just had to share
Thanks for reading

Florian

Cultist#83

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Re: Incursion is coming!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:37:07 PM »
Yep, got the mail as well  ;D

Really anxious for this one since I've played V1 in the past and I really wanted my own copy of the game and minis.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline scoobie stu

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 11:09:09 PM »
Got the email also, been waiting patiently for this ks. Looks us in the euro zone get ours first.   :)

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 01:27:00 AM »
Can't wait!

Offline Montiboy

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 08:15:25 AM »
Incursion has started to ship. I received my confirmation that a parcel is on its way to my home. Sweet!

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 12:55:26 PM »
Unfortunately I didn't get into the Incursion KS so if you chaps could post images up of the miniatures it would be appreciated :)

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »
Didn't the company not have enough money to make a retail copy of the game because they goofed their estimates of the KS shipping?

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 03:38:42 PM »
Cool, can't wait for it.

Didn't the company not have enough money to make a retail copy of the game because they goofed their estimates of the KS shipping?

From the KS pages :
Costs- All the final costs are revealing themselves and it’s becoming clear that we will spend every penny that you all pledged in this campaign on design and production and may have to put a few grand in out of our personal pockets. Literally every penny will be spent. There will be no compensation for John and me and no profit for the Grindhouse. Furthermore, because it’s so tight, we’re only producing 1200 copies of everything to fulfill the pledge rewards (plus a few extra of a couple of the popular components). The good news is that your sets just got very valuable since there won’t be any out there at retail!

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »
Incursion has started to ship. I received my confirmation that a parcel is on its way to my home. Sweet!

Cool!  Which shipping zone are you in?

Offline Montiboy

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 04:27:49 AM »
Hong Kong, Asia.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 03:26:54 PM »
Too bad. Great that they fulfilled their obligation. Not exactly exemplary as KS go, however. Now I'll have to hunt around for an overpriced version on eBay.

Cool, can't wait for it.

From the KS pages :

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 07:12:57 PM »
Hong Kong, Asia.

Bummer, I'm in the US and I think Jim's engineered that to ship last.

As to a retail release, I'm not sure it's completely dead.  There were comments somewhere from Jim (maybe on the Incursion forum) over the winter that I can't seem to find. 

The message I remember is that Grindhouse could only afford to order enough units to cover the KS backers in the first print run, but that there are some sunk costs from the factory that would make a second print run cheaper. 

He had some musings as to wheather that was another KS campaign or a negotiation with a publisher.

The take away for me was that Jim wasn't planning to call it quits after the KS campaign is fullfilled.

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 07:15:15 PM »
Too bad. Great that they fulfilled their obligation. Not exactly exemplary as KS go, however. Now I'll have to hunt around for an overpriced version on eBay.

On the plus side, once the new boxes start arriving you should be able to pick up an older copy cheap (ish).

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 10:10:49 PM »
I'll have a first edition copy and likely most of the minis available when (if) my Buckets pledge arrives. It's been a long wait, but I'm glad the guys are finally at the shipping stage.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline FATROC

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 12:18:36 AM »
I believe John and Jim at Grindhouse still have the original metal minis from Incursion available ( and West Wind too, I think). So you can always grab a first addition and start collecting minis. Can be a bit pricey, but I imagine you'll have some people selling off their extra plastic minis soon as well. It is a shame that Grindhouse couldn't get a backer to launch it retail. Hopefully, something might come along. Anyway, can't wait for my box-o-stuff to get here!