Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ECW and TYW Miniatures size comparison  (Read 92008 times)

Online Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
Re: ECW and TYW Miniatures size comparison
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2022, 06:19:46 PM »
Are the Bicorne/Renegade Horses sculpted by the same guy who did the original Artizan Designs before North Star Nick started distributing for them?
Could be, hard to tell; as I have those figures as well I will dig them out and have a look. The Bicorne horses have the best combination of detail, weight bearing, body proportion and hoof/leg placement of any of the historical ranges I have (with the possible exception of the Ebob Mongols, now defunct). Some horse sculpts are awful but I realize that sculptors may have to make compromises for casting reasons. I probably pay more attention to those kind of details as I work in the horse industry.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2022, 08:18:27 PM »
Could be, hard to tell; as I have those figures as well I will dig them out and have a look. The Bicorne horses have the best combination of detail, weight bearing, body proportion and hoof/leg placement of any of the historical ranges I have (with the possible exception of the Ebob Mongols, now defunct)

To name a few, the eBob Mongol horse dollies are now used by Gripping Beast, Artizan designs, 1st Corp and Crusader so their legacy lives on :)

Some horse sculpts are awful but I realize that sculptors may have to make compromises for casting reasons. I probably pay more attention to those kind of details as I work in the horse industry.

Ah, you will certainly have a better idea of what a horse should look like (micro and macro) than me as I've only ever ridden the donkeys at Blackpool when I was very small :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2022, 09:19:48 PM »
Are the Bicorne/Renegade Horses sculpted by the same guy who did the original Artizan Designs before North Star Nick started distributing for them?

Darrell, I'm pretty sure Nick Collier did all his own horses for the Bicorne, Renegade and TAG ECW / TYW ranges (They vary a lot in look though).

Artizan Designs was Mike Owen's own brand before Nick E took over sales. I'd imagine these are Mike's horse sculpts, but I don't know. They don't look like Collier horses to me.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2022, 08:35:50 AM »
Darrell, I'm pretty sure Nick Collier did all his own horses for the Bicorne, Renegade and TAG ECW / TYW ranges (They vary a lot in look though).

Thanks Richard. I've got models from all three ranges and I think they match up stylistically. I hadn't realised that nick had sculpted the horses though.

Artizan Designs was Mike Owen's own brand before Nick E took over sales. I'd imagine these are Mike's horse sculpts, but I don't know. They don't look like Collier horses to me.

I don't know why but I keep thinking they are of a similar style..... probably all in my head   lol

Offline jcspqr

• Librarian
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2024, 06:55:59 PM »
How do the former Bohemia Miniatures now sold through Empress compare size wise.  I am primarily interested in how their TYW pike and shotte  would mix in with TAG, Avanpost or 1898 miniates foot.

Jim

Online westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2024, 04:33:28 PM »
Jim,
I've only just spotted this, sorry. There are some comparisons of the Bohemia miniatures pike on page 2 of this thread. I think there might be a comparison on the Empress miniatures page too as they picked up the Bohemia/Horcata TYW range.
There are a few links to other comparisons on page 1 too.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 04:36:29 PM by westwaller »