Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:09:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bath water  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
Re: Bath water
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 12:51:30 PM »
Epoxy does turn yellow over time as well. I've used Enviorotex Lite to good effect before, but it's important to give it UV protection, and as Snitchy says, it's kind of a pain to mix and apply. Something to do with it's consistency, I think, and also the bottles which are very much not designed for pouring small or precise amounts.

This is an interesting thread for me too, as I also have a figure I want to do up as wet with soap suds when I get to it in the pile, and I've been trying to come up with a way to do suds foam without it looking like something solid. Best notion I've come up with on my own is glass microbaloons or retroreflector beads mixed with clear acrylic or glue, but I'm not convinced that would look right either.
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
Re: Bath water
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 05:20:24 PM »
I wouldn't typically use epoxy for standing water of any sort, but it IS great to use for stuff like streams formed with monofilament.
I have used it a similar application for fountains and mixing slow helps but will not alleviate the problem.  I usually use it to add ripples on top of envirotex lite water.  Bubbles form there all the time.  I have been playing with modge podge lately as a replacement and I am still not sure about its durability for terrain.
Best notion I've come up with on my own is glass microbaloons or retroreflector beads mixed with clear acrylic or glue, but I'm not convinced that would look right either.
I have seen this done to make tar bubbles but not clear ones.  Might be interesting to try out. 
Snitchy sends.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:22:38 PM by snitcythedog »
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com