Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:17:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Byklabad Ridge  (Read 6148 times)

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
Byklabad Ridge
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:27:30 PM »
A recent Indian Mutiny game here in GHQ ~
http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/battle-for-byklabad-ridge.html
A sample from the action ~

Pop over for the full report of the action.
David
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Byklabad Ridge
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:15:14 PM »
Excellent photo report of what seems an exciting game. :)

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 07:50:02 PM »
Love the photos .,great variety of figures.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »
Years ago I promised myself that if a manufacturer produced a thorough and quality range of 15mm Indian Mutiny figures I would jump at the chance to add it to my figure collection.  The years have passed, my collections of unpainted figures have grown, and alas the Indian Mutiny collection I had hoped for I have not found.  Nonetheless, I still love looking at a really good looking 28mm Indian Mutiny and thinking of what might have been.  Thanks for this posting... wonderful stuff.  Richard

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 10:22:04 PM »
That's a great looking game with a superb collection of minis!!! :-* :-*

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 01:29:29 AM »
Excellent game, love it.
Oh, where is General Havelock or Sir Colin in the British hour of need.
Semper Fi, Mac

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 02:35:19 AM »
As always, fine fare at the Byklablog.

But Richard!  Sir!  How can you have been looking so long and not have found Dixon's fine range of 15 mm Indian Mutiny figures?  Mix them up with some Essex Moghul figures, a Peter Pig tiger (Vietnam) and their gators (Modern Africa), some Preiser Peacocks, and a few bit and bobs form here and there - like some of the various civilian packs from Essex, and a fine collection can be yours.  Why there are even naked India elephants now available from Irregular (and other critters to inhabit your games).

You are hereby directed to spend a minimum of four hours penance and here is where you need to spend that time: http://www.dixon-minis.com/shop/15mm-indian-mutiny/EH1/

Now, no more excuses, sir, get thy plastic out of thy wallet and get thee to ordering, pronto.  And Trevor can pay me his commission later!   :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:43:24 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 08:23:13 AM »
More goodness from the Bickley household. Lovely looking game ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 04:58:52 PM »
FifteensAway, you shame me.  Here I am a guy who calls himself War In 15MM, and I completely missed the Dixon 15mm Indian Mutiny collection.  I have made use of Dixon figures in many of my galleries, but those figures have always been drawn from that larger scale you love to hate.  Long years ago when my hair was brown I gave serious consideration to putting together a 15mm Indian Mutiny collection based on the smorgasbord approach you suggest, but I got no further than purchasing some Minifig pieces (elephant drawn artillery).  While I am not one of those who limits a collection to one manufacturer, I have always built my collections around one central line of figures that I then supplemented with figures from other companies.  Back in the day had I found the Dixon 15mm Indian Mutiny that probably would have served as that foundation line of figures, but my hair is now far too gray and my unpainted figure collections far too numerous to allow me to pretend that the Indian Mutiny is a practical addition to my collection.  So I will have to content myself with the pleasure of enjoying the work of others in that field.  Always good to hear from you.  Richard

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 04:59:35 PM »
Great stuff all round!  :)  I am sooo tempted to game this period - as if I need any more gaming temptations...  ;D
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 01:50:03 AM »
With apologies to the erudite Mr. Bickles for highjacking his thread a bit, but I must make a modest amount of amends to Mr. Richard:

so, here is a little something for him that has nothing to do with the Indian Mutiny:

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-51356505839231/nemo-heavy-infantry-3.gif

Not saying you need to go out and buy these fine little 15 mm fellows but thought you'd like to know about - in case you didn't.

No intention to shame you, Richard, but I did want to poke you about the mid section a bit.   lol

And, for the record, I don't "love to hate" 28 mm.  But I do get a fair amount of pleasure needling folks about it since, I'm pretty sure, if you tally how many 15s are sold, painted, and played with it would dwarf all of the 28 mm figures out there, painted or not!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  (And we won't discuss any thing about being envious of certain things available in the larger scale and certain people with remarkable talents in that steroidal scale, now will we?)  :?

Oh, the above linked figures can be found at the fine establishment of Rebel Minis

Now back to the Indian Mutiny...

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 07:32:44 AM »
Great stuff- beautiful looking game and good rep.

In The Devil's Wind, (which I do own a copy of but is in a garage- long story!) how many mini's do you have in each British regiment?

.....and the Indian troops?

Thanks,
Darrell.

Offline Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »
Thanks for the positive comments folks! Always nice to know others like what I struggle with. Darrell I've written an answer for you on my Blog, saw the question there before here you see.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »
Thanks for the positive comments folks! Always nice to know others like what I struggle with. Darrell I've written an answer for you on my Blog, saw the question there before here you see.

Thanks mate, I'll jump over there right now  :)

Darrell.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 03:05:28 PM »
David, let me add to my original comment about enjoying the great figures and the table, that I also appreciate that the report on the blog opens with a brief overview of where the figures and terrain came from/the manufacturers.  I'm not a gamer but I love figures and I am always grateful when someone posts a great looking table like this an takes the time to also share where the pieces came from.  Thanks. Richard