Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:32:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: This weeks progress 21st PD project  (Read 97457 times)

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: WIP teddy bear fur Terrain tiles
« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2021, 12:17:21 PM »
Thank-you for the tips on 3D printing

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2021, 01:34:20 PM »
Thank-you for the tips on 3D printing
No worries mate.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2021, 08:39:41 AM »
Hi guys

I received 3 packs of S-model tanks for my French force today, so will resume prepping that force for painting.

I done some more painting on my Stalingrad German infantry, still a fair bit to do on them.

Have added gravel to my roads on the teddy bear terrain, will paint them with a very dark brown with some white glue added to bind the gravel together a bit more, then dry brush mud brown.

More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/04/wwii-multi-project-wip.html

Offline modelwarrior

• Scientist
    • themodelwarrior
Re: WWII Multi project WIP
« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2021, 09:01:18 AM »
Realy nice work. How much terrain are you making it looks like loads  :o

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2021, 09:18:52 AM »
I like the addition of the bricks to your bases, I may pinch that idea.

Keep it up.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2021, 09:30:02 AM »
Realy nice work. How much terrain are you making it looks like loads  :o

I want enough that I can do a 6x4 foot table with any terrain option, rivers, roads, fields etc, so, maybe  24 1x1 foot tiles.

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2021, 12:11:57 AM »
Lovely collection! I can see I'm going to have to buy a resin printer!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2021, 08:04:35 AM »
Lovely collection! I can see I'm going to have to buy a resin printer!

Yeah, they are good.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2021, 02:20:18 AM »
Hi guys

Have done some more work on my terrain tiles, (have laid it out without really trying to make a coherent map, just for these pics) painted the road dark brown, and gave them a very light dry brush, this makes them look muddy, not sure if I want this terrain to be lush and muddy, or dry and dusty if I choose dry and dusty I will need to add more yellow to the grass and heavily dry brush the roads, as this is a generic terrain for all genres (but I am working on my WWII Russian projects currently) should I keep it lush or go dry? I've also got a piece of sandy coloured fur coming, enough for another 6 tiles, which will need a heavy green painting to mix in with this terrain, with those 6 tiles I'll do 3 with single end to end roads, and 3 plain fields/crop fields.

My next job is to seal the river sections with masking tape, then cover with grit and paint, I will be filling these with clear resin, so the masking tape will stop the resin leaking out between the cork and foam.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/04/wip-teddy-bear-fur-terrain-tiles-part-3.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Update Teddy bear fur terrain tiles part 3
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2021, 08:43:17 AM »
Hi guys

I was going to call these done, but I think I need to do some more work on the faces, but for all intense and purposes, they are done, will be doubling or tripling this infantry force, for now I'm moving on to my French Project for a bit.

Most of these are AB's, with some TQD, CP, Battlefield and Italeri, I replaced all MG42s with MG34s.
Heaps more pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/04/stalingrad-germans-finished.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Stalingrad German Infantry finished
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2021, 09:36:51 AM »
Hi guys

More work on the teddy bear terrain tiles with 4 new tiles from a sandy coloured fur I received recently, I could have heavily painted them green to match the other tiles, but thought I would let the sand colour show to provide some difference, each square is 1 foot/30cm, the tank is a 1/72  Sherman for scale, I have been working on the scatter terrain, starting with some train tracks, need to paint the ballast on these, and get some bends to add to the set.

I also added a pic of my recent kit purchases, lots of Russian summer and winter infantry, and some vehicles for my Barbarossa/Stalingrad projects and a Panther D for Kursk, and some figures for my BEF project.

And lastly a pic of my current builds, I like to spray paint in batches, so will build double this amount then break out the airbrush.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/04/teddy-bear-fur-terrain-tiles-part-4.html

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: Teddy bear fur terrain tiles part 4
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2021, 08:19:30 PM »
On the train track, have a look at how Kato (small train company) does their set track, as they have interlocking mechanisms that make for a perfect join but they open and close with ease. Just a suggestion as otherwise you get that broken track look going.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2021, 11:28:36 AM »
On the train track, have a look at how Kato (small train company) does their set track, as they have interlocking mechanisms that make for a perfect join but they open and close with ease. Just a suggestion as otherwise you get that broken track look going.
Thanks mate, I haven’t really tried to attach them, they are just laid down for the pic, I’ll try and work something out to join them.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2021, 11:01:35 AM »
Hi guys

I have expanded my 1/72 early French force with a few tanks, and have gotten them all to a basic standard, and now I'll start detailing and adding stowage etc, starting with a Laffly S15 and V15 Artillery tractors, these are wargaming models not display models, so I am just getting them to a decent standard.

I have added some detail to the bonnet, a seem down the middle and a radiator cap, the detail in the back of the printed models crew compartment was very shallow and didn't match my example pic, also the rear of the vehicle looked to short, so I raised the whole thing by a couple of mm and re configured the bins, added a folded down roof and rolled canvas doors.

If it were a display model Id do something about the tyre tred, but I'll leave that, not sure if I should replace the window frame, I'll be adding a couple of tools to the rear panel, some stowage, then a couple of crew, and after painting I'll add clear windows, then onto the V15.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/05/detailing-my-3d-printed-laffly-s15-arty.html

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: WIP 1/72 Laffly S15 Artillery tractor
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2021, 11:41:27 AM »
Is this a 3D model you have bought, or printed?

I’m quite intrigued by you adding to the model using classic scratch building techniques (plastic card and green stuff) rather than changing the STL file, and reprinting the model.