Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690801
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord French Chasseurs a Cheval out soon  (Read 3719 times)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Warlord French Chasseurs a Cheval out soon
« on: May 15, 2015, 05:06:14 PM »

The box contains 12 plastic cavalry models, plus metal parts to make the command models.

Our superbly detailed Chasseurs à Cheval are provided with covered and uncovered shakos as well as the colpacks favoured by the elite companies.

Although requested not to wear the sabretache beyond 1808 many Chasseurs would keep this item well beyond this decree and thus we’ve included it on our models. For those of you wishing to follow regulations over reality simply snip the sabretache off. Similarly we’ve included an arm carrying an eagle as although they wouldn’t have carried this into battle (in fact, Napoleon forbade them to do so after so many were lost in battle!), we know that many wargamers like to have one in their regiments.

'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Anna Elizabeth

• Scientist
Re: Warlord French Chasseurs a Cheval out soon
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 05:23:47 PM »
I need 2 boxes. :) Yay, finally some plastic Chasseur. :D

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 11:39:59 PM »
I know these will be popular with fans of the Napoleonic period but can't help thinking the poses look a little "wooden",compared with other plastic cavalry minis out there,just my opinion of course.  :)

Offline Anna Elizabeth

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 02:11:54 PM »
I know these will be popular with fans of the Napoleonic period but can't help thinking the poses look a little "wooden",compared with other plastic cavalry minis out there,just my opinion of course.  :)

In a word, yes. They aren't lively like my plastic Perry Cuirassier, Dragoons, and Hussars, but at this price point, they are very welcome.

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 09:11:11 PM »
They will have to and will do. The warlord set makes it improbable that the Perrys will make one, too. The set looks servicable enough, and I'm optimistic arms can be refitted, that's if the set doesn't include a variation of seperate arms.

The warlord Website claims that lancers are also in the way...

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 10:34:09 PM »
... and their Salute picture seems to show Imperial Guard too.

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 10:26:41 AM »
Tool another look at the full description on the warlord website. Arms and heads are seperate, so there's hope for a little variety and the possibility to combine with arms from the Perry cavalry sets.

Offline Anna Elizabeth

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 02:42:23 PM »
Nice. :) Most of my French are plastic, I couldn't afford Napoleonics without the plastic sets.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 05:05:27 PM »
The warlord set makes it improbable that the Perrys will make one, too.

I wouldn't be so sure. While I'm not privy to Alan Perry's intentions, I wouldn't necessarily rule out a Perry plastic chasseurs set at some point in the not so near future. First, because nothing will ever stop the twins from doing what they feel like doing, and second because they could do a multi-uniform set with torsos in both Bardin habits-vestes and earlier Kinski coats, just like their upcoming British light dragoons box.

Offline Kobiyashi1

• Student
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »
My greatest problem are the horses. They look to much like Warhammer Fantasy.

But.....Chasseurs  :-*

I´m glad, i need the Perry Dragoons at first.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 10:35:54 PM »
I was under the impression that they are dressed in 1812 jackets, so why the discussion about sabretaches by Warlord - am I mistaken about their jackets?

Personally, I've no issue with people mixing their Frenchies, I just wondered if I'd missed a trick :)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »
I was under the impression that they are dressed in 1812 jackets, so why the discussion about sabretaches by Warlord - am I mistaken about their jackets?

You're not. The figures are wearing the 1812 Bardin habit-veste which began to be issued in 1813. A mix of Bardin habits-vestes and earlier Kinski coats would have been common during the 1813 and early 1814 campaigns in Germany and France : the Bardin uniform did not become universal until the restoration and the final campaign of 1815.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 05:43:29 AM »
Thanks Arthur. I'd have gone for the Kinsky jacket if I'd been making the decision. I understand as there were still quite a few knocking around in them in 1815 and they would have covered many of the major campaigns, such as Wagram, the invasion of Russia, and the Peninsula War.