Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:41:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: flight stands( a question)  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Old-N-Busted

• Librarian
flight stands( a question)
« on: May 24, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »
A question for you chaps with air power in your armies what do you use for flight stands and are they fixed hight or adjustable ? im talking 28mm here. BUSTED
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:15:55 PM by Old-N-Busted »
Well said Agshard we"ve never really liked the Yull have we? vicious buggers-fluffy too. Space Captain Smith Vol 2

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
Re: flight stands( a question)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 07:12:18 AM »
I've sold some in the past to customers who had large aircraft.

Mine come with a telescoping antenna, and a clear, acrylic 5" hex base, which I recommend for the larger aircraft.  They come with swiveling heads, and magnetic tips, and extend from 7" - 22" in height.

I've also sold them with 3" and 4" bases.

The ones shown above have 4" bases, and are being used with Furuta jets that are about 1/180th in scale.

E-mail me at:

Topgungrav AT yahoo d0t com

if you want more info, or would like to purchase some.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Rob

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 11:47:07 PM »
I generally use clothes hanger that has been secured in a heavy base.  The top can then be slotted into a hard point on the aircraft.  Non adjustable but stable.  If I want adjustable use I use a dowel attached to the base.  The adjustable part is clothes hanger attached to a clothes pin on on end and the rear of the aircraft on the other.  Not pretty but it works.  Similar to this.

What are you trying to mount and how heavy is it?
Snitchy sends.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 10:32:35 PM »
I can reccomend the Mako ones, I use those for all of my 20mm needs (fighter, bomber, helicopters, jets you name it). The swivel is perfect for making the aircraft fly banked or attacking. Well, visually stimulating anyway.
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 07:18:28 PM »
I think that CorSec might have some telescoping ones, I believe that a friend got his from there though I tend not to, currently, play much that could use them

Offline Old-N-Busted

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 06:31:09 AM »
I generally use clothes hanger that has been secured in a heavy base.  The top can then be slotted into a hard point on the aircraft.  Non adjustable but stable.  If I want adjustable use I use a dowel attached to the base.  The adjustable part is clothes hanger attached to a clothes pin on on end and the rear of the aircraft on the other.  Not pretty but it works.  Similar to this.

What are you trying to mount and how heavy is it?
Snitchy sends.
  Thank you all for the help. The stands are for two aircraft for Back of Beyond so large but not to heavy Snitchy. I will look into Mako,s stands they look perfect. BUSTED