Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

?

The rest of the unit, 20mm (Calimero)
Road hogs (XCIV)

Author Topic: ROUND 8 The rest of the unit, 20mm vs Road hogs  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
ROUND 8 The rest of the unit, 20mm vs Road hogs
« on: May 30, 2015, 08:36:07 PM »

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
Re: ROUND 8 The rest of the unit, 20mm vs Road hogs
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 12:32:40 AM »
I have to get a better camera. Or lighting. Or something.  I can not get everything in focus at once. GRRRRRRRrrrr....

But I channeled my Mad Max Fury Road fury. The two cars are Matchbox repaints. The bikes are from Dark Future.
J

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 05:20:23 PM »
Depth of field is the key. That means how much of the photographed area is in focus. Do you have a camera that let's you set the "aperture" setting manually (or make it a priority)? If so, close the aperture down to the smallest setting (which is conversely, the higher number, such as F8). With a smaller hole to let in light, so to speak, you will need a longer exposure. You can get decent tripods at your typical electronics store that sells cameras.

Hope this helps...apologies if it is all review!

Mike Demana
ww.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline XCIV

• Scientist
    • Victoria's Boys in Red
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 03:59:49 AM »
Mike: No, that helps. I will see what I can do for Round 10 (round 9 just submitted).

I have a tripod already - the mini Gorillapod. I like it because it's poseable. And maybe a little because it looks like something H. G. Wells would have written about...

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 09:02:31 PM »
I have to get a better camera. Or lighting. Or something.  I can not get everything in focus at once. GRRRRRRRrrrr....

But I channeled my Mad Max Fury Road fury. The two cars are Matchbox repaints. The bikes are from Dark Future.

I might have the same problem... among others lol I can't get everything’s in focus either. I bought a Nikon Coolpix L18 a few years ago and it was the "best" camera I could afford at the time. I don't think it even got the option to adjust the exposing time...

If you follow this link to my round 2 http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=77742.0#top entry, you will see the picture of my figures and a picture of the same figures taken by their new owner... it's hard to believe these are the same figures  ::)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/