Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:36:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686536
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

?

Watch Out! The pilot could still be around here! (MaltoCortese)
A day in the country (Westfalia Chris)

Author Topic: ROUND 9 Watch Out! The pilot could still be around here! vs A day in the country  (Read 7108 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Both very nice.
What is the beastie in the background, Malto?
And that UNIT vehicle - that's the old Matchbox missile launcher, right? Nostalgia!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
And that UNIT vehicle - that's the old Matchbox missile launcher, right? Nostalgia!

Yes, that's the one. I found it at a local car boot sale for a pittance - missiles missing, of course, and the axles all bent out of shape, but I love it's "Anderson" style. More on that later, though.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Yes, that's the one. I found it at a local car boot sale for a pittance - missiles missing, of course, and the axles all bent out of shape, but I love it's "Anderson" style. More on that later, though.
Brilliant! My old example has bent axles too  :(

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
When I was young, there was this highly professional trick to raise the Matchbox cars slightly on one end and let it hop, to see if the axles were still good.
Nostalgia indeed.  :D

best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
  • Ein genie uberblickt das chaos
Both very nice.
What is the beastie in the background, Malto?

Thanks a lot Vanvlak! I am reluctant to mention the origin of the beastie as it comes from the unmentionable Evil Empire - but since my next entry is going to be based on all sorts of modified GW figures, I might as well tell the truth. It's one of those landscape features GW produced for 40K a few years ago (together with craters, a bubbling volcano, etc.).. I forgot the original name. They paint up well and can be used in a number of different scenarios
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. Groucho Marx

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
You could swap the titles of these two entries, and they would still make sense.

Nice work, both.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Thanks a lot Vanvlak! I am reluctant to mention the origin of the beastie as it comes from the unmentionable Evil Empire - but since my next entry is going to be based on all sorts of modified GW figures, I might as well tell the truth. It's one of those landscape features GW produced for 40K a few years ago (together with craters, a bubbling volcano, etc.).. I forgot the original name. They paint up well and can be used in a number of different scenarios
Really? I didn't guess that one. It certainly looks the part.  8) 8) 8)

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
You could swap the titles of these two entries, and they would still make sense.

Nice work, both.

That's quite a compliment for both of us! Thanks a lot lol lol

Offline malto cortese

• Scientist
Really? I didn't guess that one. It certainly looks the part.  8) 8) 8)

Thanks! I thought so too ;-)