Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690750
  • Total Topics: 118346
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Horus Heresy Updated 16th July Militia Grenadiers (RT imp guard)  (Read 9979 times)

Offline steders

• Mad Scientist
Re: Horus Heresy Updated 23rd Nov, Death Guard Built
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 09:03:25 AM »
From this

To this

Going to undercoat them grey tonight

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
Re: Horus Heresy Updated 16th July Militia Grenadiers (RT imp guard)
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »
Epic army, altought you may want to change the jetbikes bases they must go in 60mm bases according to forgeworld

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2015, 06:29:24 AM »
Man, you must have hoovered the net completely clear of those beakies!

It looks amazing!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2015, 08:42:36 AM »
Looks great!

Silly question... Whilst old Termies were on 25mm bases and the new ones are 40mm (which look a bit big for the old models), they still look like they are about to tip over! Have you thought of putting them on the new GW 32mm bases (or on 30mm bases from Andy at Heresy)?

Also, do I spy a little Techmarine with a Conversion Beamer?  :P

Offline steders

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »
@Noigrim, thanks but these are for myself!
@Dr the Viking, yup I've got a few of them now
@Major Gilbear, I think you're right, they would look better on slightly bigger bases. Might be worth rebasing at some point.
Yes that is a conversion beamer, the sons of horus have one as well. I have kept my bitzbox for years, slowly chucking stuff in. When I had a good dig through I found allsorts of stuff

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 04:18:20 PM »
Question for ya (since I'm doing a Horus Heresy force - possibly...) did Beakies exist in that era?  I wanted to convert some (despite some changes in legs/shoulders) of the Betrayal of Calth fellas...can I get away with MkVI stuff?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 04:43:26 PM »
Question for ya (since I'm doing a Horus Heresy force - possibly...) did Beakies exist in that era?  I wanted to convert some (despite some changes in legs/shoulders) of the Betrayal of Calth fellas...can I get away with MkVI stuff?

Mk6 was an end-of-Crusade-era armour, and therefore only a few chapters had significant quantities of it at the start of the Heresy. Link here with more info than you ever wanted to know about power armour! ;)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2015, 08:22:27 PM »
Perfect link, thanks.  I'm not entirely sure if I'll be building my box (received it today) but if I do, I'd rather do beakies...shame I can't find a reasonable source for the helmets.  I'm not looking to invest too much money in them.

Impressed with the plastics sprues.  Dislike the head on the Dreadnought so I'll probably do something about that if I go forward with building them.

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2015, 09:47:14 PM »
Perfect link, thanks.  I'm not entirely sure if I'll be building my box (received it today) but if I do, I'd rather do beakies...shame I can't find a reasonable source for the helmets.  I'm not looking to invest too much money in them.

Impressed with the plastics sprues.  Dislike the head on the Dreadnought so I'll probably do something about that if I go forward with building them.

You can't do beakies since legs and chest are different you shold go with MK IV as given in the box

In fact you can use any armour short of the MKVII of 40K, what I do is transform MKVII in MKV adding studs, if you would want to go full purist you should remove the rims and add greenstuffed cable housings! ZSince there are no official estimates about the percentage of the armour you can throw in any pre VII combination, your company has got more luck than the others and got its hands in some sweet MK VI.

The plastic box is truly awesome and since my local FLGS sells it with nice discounts (plus black friday) I'm afraid that I won't be able to resist (I saved enough with the scratchbuilt gargants as it is).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:56:01 PM by noigrim »

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2015, 09:58:42 PM »
This is an awesome thread :)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »
You can't do beakies since legs and chest are different you shold go with MK IV as given in the box

In fact you can use any armour short of the MKVII of 40K, what I do is transform MKVII in MKV adding studs, if you would want to go full purist you should remove the rims and add greenstuffed cable housings! ZSince there are no official estimates about the percentage of the armour you can throw in any pre VII combination, your company has got more luck than the others and got its hands in some sweet MK VI.

The plastic box is truly awesome and since my local FLGS sells it with nice discounts (plus black friday) I'm afraid that I won't be able to resist (I saved enough with the scratchbuilt gargants as it is).

The chests are barely noticeable, so it leaves only the legs (which I could care less about) and trimming off the edges of the shoulder pauldrons etc.  At this point, MkVI is unlikely and the whole build is rather unlikely. 

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2015, 11:15:43 PM »
The chests are barely noticeable, so it leaves only the legs (which I could care less about) and trimming off the edges of the shoulder pauldrons etc.  At this point, MkVI is unlikely and the whole build is rather unlikely. 

Puritanism is boring, don't marines mix items of differents marks together according to some FW illustrations? free way then!

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »
Forgeworld customer service told me that bases are just for show and you can put any size you like  ??? o_o