Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:04:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Interwar tank development by Vickers Armstrong ltd  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Vintage Wargaming

• Librarian
    • Vintage Wargaming
Interwar tank development by Vickers Armstrong ltd
« on: June 29, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »

This is a picture from the Wonder Book of Soldiers of two Vickers Carden Loyd Mk Vs, but I have also made what I think is an exciting discovery.

I have found out that Beamish Museum are holding two large photo albums which came from Vickers and are entitled "Tank Development by Vickers Armstrong Ltd". These are obviously company records which seem comprehensive and mainly to cover the period 1919 - 1939. 153 photographs are currently listed on the web site but without digital images. If I understand correctly there are more photographs which have not yet been listed but that all the photographs have been digitised. I can't tell without seeing the albums whether these photographs are previously unknown or have been published before.

The Museum have invited me to go in and view the albums, and I will be able to request copies of some of the images. I will see if I can get permission to post some or all of them on my Vintage Wargaming blog and on forums such as tis one, if people would be interested

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Re: Interwar tank development by Vickers Armstrong ltd
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »
Naturally I am very interested.  :D

Your blog comes up quite a bit on searches, so naturally might be the best place to host them; unless of course you can persuade the museum to host them themselves.

Naturally you're welcome to post them here, but that could seem somewhat biased and partisan to some folk.

Either way, as long as the images are out there somewhere, that is an improvement on them not.  :)

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 03:28:46 PM »
It would be great to see some of these images, either here or on your own site (which is a mine of interesting stuff!). Well done for tracking these down.

Graham

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »
That woud be nice - thanks  8) 8) 8)

Offline Vintage Wargaming

• Librarian
    • Vintage Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 01:42:23 PM »

Well this morning I have seen two fantastic albums stuffed full of photographs I have never seen before. I will be getting digital copies of all the photographs with full permission to post them/publish on the net, just need to work out the best way to do this.

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Scientist
  • "Mwahahahahaahaaaaaa!!!"
    • "It's Them! Blast 'Em!"
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 10:36:12 PM »

Well this morning I have seen two fantastic albums stuffed full of photographs I have never seen before. I will be getting digital copies of all the photographs with full permission to post them/publish on the net, just need to work out the best way to do this.

And there was rejoicing and celebration throughout the Known Universe! :D
Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express
www.silent-death.mx

\\\\\\\"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!\\\\\\\" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 11:39:29 PM »
I'm very interested,There may be a vehicle or two I might be interested in tackling myself.
Mark.