Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Awesomeshotdude's Frostgrave Stuff!  (Read 13584 times)

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
Re: Awesomeshotdude's Frostgrave Stuff!
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2015, 12:33:07 PM »
The Cigar Box Winter Scrubland mat is actually really quite versatile too. While it's not designed for an urban setting, the mix of whites, greys and greens makes for a fantastic generic base.

They've just added a 3x3 option to their store, which is perfect for Frostgrave: http://cigarboxbattlestore.bigcartel.com/product/winter-scrubland-3x3-192

Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2015, 02:51:22 PM »
The Cigar Box Winter Scrubland mat is actually really quite versatile too. While it's not designed for an urban setting, the mix of whites, greys and greens makes for a fantastic generic base.

They've just added a 3x3 option to their store, which is perfect for Frostgrave:

Thanks for the link mate, that is indeed a nice mat. It's not really what I'm after though. I'm pretty much after cobblestones covered in patches of snow so I can plonk my terrain pieces down on top of it all and have it appear to be situated within what was the main parts of the city.

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2015, 02:52:53 PM »
I've pretty much finished off my temple piece. Tomorrow I'll mix up some snow and put it down over the white paint.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2015, 03:25:16 PM »
Very nice!
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline mdauben

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2015, 06:38:38 PM »
I'm going to see if Deep Cut Studio will take their own Cobblestone pattern and whack a heap of snow across it in big patches...that on one of their mousepad material mats at 4'x4' would be perfect I reckon.
DCS already does make a "Tundra" pattern mat that has a bit of bare ground, as opposed to their 100% snow "Winter Theme" mat.  I was thinking of ordering one of those for use with FG.   ;)

Mike

Offline mister c

• Bookworm
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 06:51:56 AM »
I see that  Heroic Maps have just brought out a set of Winter Wilderness Ruins that look pretty good.
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/154745/Heroic-Maps--Geomorphs-Winter-Wilderness-Ruins?src=sub
Check out my gaming and painting blog (Including Frostgrave) at
http://periodicpainting.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/frostgrave.html

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
Thanks Rob :)

@ mdauben - that's a nice looking mat!

@ mister c - they do look very cool!

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2015, 10:57:09 AM »
I put the snow on today...in pics, the snow over the white paint doesn't really look much different to just the white paint, but you can certainly see the difference with the naked eye.

Offline VisOne

• Assistant
  • The Haqqi-salami
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2015, 11:44:51 PM »
Ohhh hai ASD so this is where you have being hiding. Being missing your modelling diaries over on WAU glad I found this one might have to catch up for a game of Frost Grave in the future.

Either way looking forward to seeing your table layouts and that warband painted up to your usual awesome standard. ;)
What I do: Chef by trade, ass by choice; but I play the following when I'm not being either.
Infinity: Haqqislam is my main and then I own ALL THE THINGS!
Frostgrave: Nec

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
Ohhh hai ASD so this is where you have being hiding. Being missing your modelling diaries over on WAU glad I found this one might have to catch up for a game of Frost Grave in the future.

Either way looking forward to seeing your table layouts and that warband painted up to your usual awesome standard. ;)

Hey mate. Yeah, I haven't been on WAU for ages. My modelling time is somewhat reduced recently, Frostgrave has grabbed my imagination though so I've made sure I've found some time for it amongst all the other stuff real life is bringing with it in recent times...busy, busy, busy...

We could catch up for a game at some stage, not sure when, but it would definitely be cool to be able to.

Offline VisOne

• Assistant
  • The Haqqi-salami
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
We could catch up for a game at some stage, not sure when, but it would definitely be cool to be able to.

No mad rush mate your not the only one who's got their nose to the grindstone IRL between work the little and larger family duties it will have to be pretty well planned on my end too. ;)

Anyway I'll turn my blog/plog over here soon and we will see how we all go with the game and if its got a little bit of life in our local META.

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2015, 08:50:53 AM »
This piece is almost finished, just need to wait for the white paint to dry before mixing up some snow and applying it.

Offline Bodvoc

• Librarian
    • The War Crow
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2015, 08:54:22 AM »
Those pieces of scenery would look great on anyone's gaming table.
'If I throw a 6 I will do my happy dance.

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2015, 09:35:28 AM »
Those pieces of scenery would look great on anyone's gaming table.

Thanks mate, much appreciated...

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2015, 09:42:26 AM »
In a mad flurry of impulse purchasing, I bought one of the Hudson and Allen Basic Medieval Tower Keeps. The pics of them look good on the internet, I hope they are good in person too.

I imagine Frostgrave was very cosmopolitan in nature, at it's height...buildings designed and built by the city authorities probably were similar in aesthetics, however folk from a great variety of regions near and far would also bring their style of architecture into Frostgrave. So this Medieval Tower Keep may be able to serve as a reclusive wizards abode or something similar...

They're listed as 25mm scale, but I'm hoping they will work fine for 28mm scale too...