Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 05:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696474
  • Total Topics: 118770
  • Online Today: 540
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 398
Total: 404

Recent

Author Topic: Daft French Indian war questions?  (Read 6801 times)

Offline Dude

• Assistant
    • Minitropolis
Re: Daft French Indian war questions?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2015, 05:00:19 PM »
Hi Spooktalker

Conquest figures are quite slim and that suits me fine. They are well proportioned and go well with prefabricated terrain, especially buildings which often tend to be in a small 25mm scale.

I have some 25mm renedra that came with the new Frostgrave plastics, and they are way to big for Conquest but fit the Frostgrave figures perfect!

I know the other companies you mentioned. I especially like Galloping Major. Very nice sculps but very big! The same goes with Redoubt. Very nice range but very big and a bit too chunky for my tast!

I visit Miniature Page from time to time. Very useful I think. Have missed this thread though. Thanks!

I am a kind of "beer & pretzels" guy in my sparetime with my friends but whether it applies to my gaming too I don't know yet  :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:05:02 PM by Dude »

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 08:16:05 PM »
Hi Dude,

Good luck with the project! Like you, I am a fan of Conquest Miniatures Indians. They are amazing.

If you have any questions about Song of Drums and Tomahawks, feel free to ask. I wrote the rules, and apologize that it took me so long to spot your thread. If you want to play larger, multiplayer games, one method is to divide the table into sectors of a larger engagement. Each sector is a one-on-one game between two players. Allow players to shuttle reinforcements between sectors (typically, I had them wait 1-3 turns before "appearing" on the edge of the new sector). Even better, have all the players on one side have a strategy meeting where they allocate their biggest force to one sector, next biggest to another, and so on. Provides an interesting challenge when one side's smallest is against another's largest.

For an example, see my report on my "Battle of Bloody Run" at our local convention earlier this month:
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/2015/10/battle-of-bloody-run-at-advance-colors.html

Keep the questions coming -- this is a great forum for supportive and friendly feedback!

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline Dude

• Assistant
    • Minitropolis
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2015, 11:15:47 AM »
Hi Dude,

Good luck with the project! Like you, I am a fan of Conquest Miniatures Indians. They are amazing.

If you have any questions about Song of Drums and Tomahawks, feel free to ask. I wrote the rules, and apologize that it took me so long to spot your thread. If you want to play larger, multiplayer games, one method is to divide the table into sectors of a larger engagement. Each sector is a one-on-one game between two players. Allow players to shuttle reinforcements between sectors (typically, I had them wait 1-3 turns before "appearing" on the edge of the new sector). Even better, have all the players on one side have a strategy meeting where they allocate their biggest force to one sector, next biggest to another, and so on. Provides an interesting challenge when one side's smallest is against another's largest.

For an example, see my report on my "Battle of Bloody Run" at our local convention earlier this month:
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/2015/10/battle-of-bloody-run-at-advance-colors.html

Keep the questions coming -- this is a great forum for supportive and friendly feedback!

Mike Demana

Hi Mikedemana

Up till now I can only dream about multiplayer games. Still need to find at least one in my area who plays stuff like this. Quite a lot use "Black Powder" rules with BIG armies! Some day maybe but for now, I'm more interested in skirmish games.
Like your battlereport and your terrain!! Looks like you mix Conquest and galloping Major figures? Does that work?

Regarding games, I might have to adjust to whatever goes on in my area at first. In the meantime I enjoy my figures  :)

- Michael

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2015, 12:17:22 AM »
Looks like you mix Conquest and galloping Major figures? Does that work?

Nearly all of my Indian figures are Conquest. My Europeans are a mix...some Old Glory, Conquest, and other ones I'm not sure where I picked them up. I've found that if you keep with a similar basing scheme, and have the different manufacturers in different "units," it is not too much of a problem.

Mike Demana

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2015, 12:58:50 AM »
You can mix pretty well Conquest and Perry miniatures. Old Glory is not bad too for the mix.

Offline Dude

• Assistant
    • Minitropolis
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2015, 05:16:31 PM »
Thanks both of you! True, Perry fits perfect with Conquest, Wish it was Redoubt. VERY interesting range!

- Michael

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »
For what it is worth I am finding that Redoubt mix very well with Galloping Major and that the two ranges compliment each other very well.

Offline Dude

• Assistant
    • Minitropolis
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2015, 09:12:33 PM »
True! Redoubt and Galloping Major mix very well. Conquest looks like little dwarfs beside them  ;) Think I will try some GM figures anyway and keep them away from Conquest. GM have some very nice pirate types and some militia dudes  :)