Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Marshal Ney and Staff at Waterloo  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Sascha Herm

• Librarian
Marshal Ney and Staff at Waterloo
« on: November 16, 2015, 11:32:44 PM »
Hi all,

These are my latest models I just finished basing today. They are a commission for an Italian Collector. Please follow the link to my Website for more Pictures.

Marshal Ney: http://www.sascha-herm.com/Ney&Staff01.htm

I decided to paint Ney's Horse Black and used Andrea's Black Paint Set but left the last Highlight out. His Uniform jacket was painted using Andrea's Blue Paint Set. The Trousers were a mix using Vallejo Green Ochre, English Khaki and White. I used Burnt Umber and a little Black for the shadows and more White for the highlights.

The Red on the Saddle was painted using Reapers MSP Blood Red Triad. For the Sash I used Reapers Chestnut Gold Triad. The Saddle Shabraque and the embroidered parts of the Jacket were all painted with Scale75's Gold NMM using only a limited amount of the final highlight of the “creamish” white.

ADC Colonel Heymes: http://www.sascha-herm.com/Ney&Staff02.htm

After during some research I read that the Colonel rode a white horse but I did not wanted to paint a pure white one again and read on another source that he also rode a dappled grey Horse at Waterloo, which I preferred. I used again a sponge to add the effects of the dapple. I started with the darker speckles, followed by the lighter ones.

The Uniform Jacket was painted using two Reaper Triads: Gory Red and Fire Red but left the final highlight as it was just too Orange. They go brilliantly together and I used all five shades straight out of the bottle.

The Trouser was painted with Andrea's Blue Paint Set but consequently decided to use Foundry's French Blue for the Saddle Cloth just to assure some contrast between the two. I used also Scale75's Gold NMM Paint Set for all the embroidered parts of the his Hussar uniform.

ADC Levavasseur: http://www.sascha-herm.com/Ney&Staff03.htm

I painted his Horse with Coat d'Arms Negro, Horse Tone Brown and Beige Brown. His Uniform was again painted with Andrea's Blue Set. I used Reaper MSP Stone Grey Triad for his Trousers and used their True Blue Triad for the Uniform Sleeves and Turn Backs.

Please let me know what you think. I hope you like them though ;-)

Kind regards

Sascha
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:57:38 PM by Sascha Herm »

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Marshal Ney and Staff at Waterloo
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 08:38:17 AM »
Top job as usual, Sascha  8) 8) 8)