Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bolt Action Modern Rules  (Read 4367 times)

Online Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Re: Bolt Action Modern Rules
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 05:00:52 PM »
As a bit of a layman, if he's only used a portion of the whole total ruleset (i.e. the breaching mechanics), does that not qualify for 'fair use'?

This exchange reflects worst on AAG, IMO - whether the writer is protecting his own work or not, this should not have been a public discussion. Your mileage may vary.

Offline The Travelling Man

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 07:15:36 PM »
I don't represent AAG. I wrote for them under contract.

My only point was that I was perturbed to see something that I had written appear in someone else's 'rules' using the same terminology and largely the same process. I have commented negatively upon that which I believe is my right. The actions taken by the original poster are his own.

I have not requested he do anything- I have only communicated my views on the use of something that I originally devised in his 'rules' without attribution of any sort. You can cry 'fair use' or 'they were only for home use' or whatever as much as you like and that's fine- it doesn't change the basic facts.

Why 'this should not have been a public discussion' is beyond me- the document was shared openly in a number of places, I would assume for comment and critique along with for download?

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 08:17:33 PM »
I don't represent AAG. I wrote for them under contract.

My only point was that I was perturbed to see something that I had written appear in someone else's 'rules' using the same terminology and largely the same process. I have commented negatively upon that which I believe is my right. The actions taken by the original poster are his own.

I have not requested he do anything- I have only communicated my views on the use of something that I originally devised in his 'rules' without attribution of any sort. You can cry 'fair use' or 'they were only for home use' or whatever as much as you like and that's fine- it doesn't change the basic facts.

Why 'this should not have been a public discussion' is beyond me- the document was shared openly in a number of places, I would assume for comment and critique along with for download?
Being honest to you, after all your threads and answers, I'm not sure what you want. I think it is fair, when there is a quote. Is this enough or do you want more? In the moment I think it FoF is played byless supported, so maybe you can work with warlord and support theit work with ideas for bolt action modern. Using this community to work out ideas is a great thing, but it is also ok, when you quote others work(often forgotten).
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 11:43:48 PM »
I think we've reached the end of useful discussion here. I'm locking the topic.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:08:37 AM by Arlequín »