Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:57:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690904
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [kickstarter] Westfalia's Halfmen - Many thanks!  (Read 11176 times)

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
Re: [kickstarter] Westfalia's Halfmen
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2015, 05:31:28 PM »
Well, you could consider making an announcement that certain new stretch goals cannot be completed in time for the delivery of March, so if anyone wants them in their order they would have to wait an extra couple months.  Better to do that than rush and release an inferior product.
Yes, I was thinking about that, but I rather get the campaign finished the way it was intended to. That, and I am not interested in doing miniatures for they money alone. I am quite proud of the quality that we're doing. I want to make toys for the inner child. :--)

As for the success, you have done a great job with promoting the range, sending out samples, and getting the community involved with your progress.

Thank you and thanks to everybody who helped imprving the minis!

It helps that you have a cracking sculptor working for you as well!  :D
Because without him all my efforts would be nothing. :--)
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 08:18:49 PM »
Well, my inner child is grateful to you and your sculptor(s)!  :D

Offline maxxev

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »
Shame there are no peasantry archers, I guess I will wait for the next KS :(.

Congrats.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 10:34:43 PM »

As good as it would be to have figures like that as part of this particular range, I think the strength of the range is the fact that it fills in a lot of things that have not been available elsewhere.

Hopefully they do come along at some point, but I think archers can be filled in with other figures in the meantime, like Mirliton/Grenadier, Black Tree, Goblin Factory, Black Hat, etc. Won't be a perfect match, but will get us by until then.  ;)

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 04:52:59 AM »

Congrats.

I really want to deliver on time so I left a couple of things out.

There will be a 2nd wave however with les uniformity but adventurers, civilians and light cavalry. I am pretty sure that we'll see the peasant archers at this point.

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2015, 06:31:47 AM »
Oh, YES!  :D You're a horrible man you know, this Kickstarter isn't even finished and you're already making us greedy for the next one...  ;) (Excellent customer retention though! So you've definitely got things right.)

Offline tradgardmastre

• Librarian
  • Courage is found in unlikely places. J.R.R.Tolkien
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2015, 07:08:06 AM »
second wave sounds most exciting too...
Have you thought of making round doors,windows and other resin items to aid scratchbuilding hobbit holes?
You are welcome to visit my Duchy of Tradgardland blog at:
http://tradgardland.blogspot.com/ and my 20th century gaming blog at : http://armyredwhite.blogspot.com/
New interwar imaginations blog at:
http://interbellumimaginations.blogspot.com/

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2015, 09:15:46 AM »
second wave sounds most exciting too...
Have you thought of making round doors,windows and other resin items to aid scratchbuilding hobbit holes?

Oh.

I haven't thought of that, but it's a most interesting idea.
I am fairly certain that we'll see this in the next KS. :--)

Oh, YES!  :D You're a horrible man you know, this Kickstarter isn't even finished and you're already making us greedy for the next one...  ;) (Excellent customer retention though! So you've definitely got things right.)

Thank you very much. :--)

Offline Tordenskjold

• Librarian
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2015, 02:20:52 PM »
Well, now I went and got the mercenary human and an ogre, the peg-legged fellow with the cannon. Still seriously tempted to go for some more ogres.

I hope you are happy Schrumpfkopf, feeding my addiction to good miniatures and well-run Kickstarters like that  ;)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »
So, have we broken the last of the stretch goals then, or can we expect more to be posted?  :D
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2015, 04:05:09 PM »
Well, now I went and got the mercenary human and an ogre, the peg-legged fellow with the cannon. Still seriously tempted to go for some more ogres.

I hope you are happy Schrumpfkopf, feeding my addiction to good miniatures and well-run Kickstarters like that  ;)

I am happy like a fish in the water :----)
Also - I've mentioned it but it might've gotten lost. The peg leg ogre will come with 2 feet and a hat. An alternative version will come with a rather fancy peg leg tho. I hope that's alright for you.

So, have we broken the last of the stretch goals then, or can we expect more to be posted?  :D

I really think that the last SG was maxing it out. That said do I always have something nifty left. Just in case things keep growing. ;--)

Offline Tordenskjold

• Librarian
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2015, 08:09:25 PM »
I am happy like a fish in the water :----)
Also - I've mentioned it but it might've gotten lost. The peg leg ogre will come with 2 feet and a hat. An alternative version will come with a rather fancy peg leg tho. I hope that's alright for you

I must have missed that, thanks for telling me! That's a common problem with kickstarters, information tends to 'drown' in the stream of comments, updates etc etc.

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2015, 08:38:04 PM »
I must have missed that, thanks for telling me! That's a common problem with kickstarters, information tends to 'drown' in the stream of comments, updates etc etc.

Yep - I was really thinking on how to tackle that issue beside the obvious updates but couldn't think of a solution.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2015, 06:37:15 PM »
I hope this isn't an inappropriate thread to post this, but I did a test paint on the Halfling sample Schrumpfkopf sent me earlier.

A joy to paint! I do love it when sculptors design their figures so as to actually be fun and not frustrating to paint.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2015, 09:49:38 PM »
Great job!  I agree that there is a fine balance between enough and too much detail on a figure, especially a rank and file.  These ones tread it nicely!