Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:53:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Some pictures from our recent "Zed or Alive" game session (pic heavy)  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
1st game

2nd game

We played "Horde" scenario first. It`s one of the cooperative scenarios in the book where two teams of survivors must hold for a six or more (depends on dice rolls)  turns against approaching zombie horde until the chopper arrives to save em.
My team consisted from two spec ops operators and second team included four normal survivors.
I thought that this will be pretty easy mission at first.  As we had a lot of firepower at our disposal.  And basic zombies are notably slow in this game. It was until our zombie master rolled on weather conditions and we knew that we are playing in the night (which limits all shooting to 10 inches and makes shooting harder) and there is a heavy rain approaches (which is also adds additional penalties to a shooting rolls).
My spec ops guys had only combat blades for use in close combat and these blades are not particularly useful against zombies in this game.
So my outlook on that mission suddenly changed from "walk in the park"  to "we all gonna die"
But luck was on our side this day.
We were able to shoot big zombie hero (or abomination as it called in this game) and basic zombies were to slow to catch with us until fifth turn.  After that we managed to hold them in close combat for  two additional turns and after that chopper arrived and saved  battered but still alive survivors.

Second game was different from first one.  It was PVP combat mission about zombie outbreak in small shanty town.  Survivors task was to save as many of the local civilians from zombies as possible, military task was "to contain the spread of plague" which is basically means to shoot anything that moves in the zone, and zombies had a traditional task of eating all civilians and heroes in that doomed shanty town.
It was a tense game with situation changing with each passing turn.  At the start of the game Spec Ops managed to shoot some hapless civilians running around (military is definitely not a good guys in this setting) But at some point operators went in different directions trying to catch as many civilians as possible. That ended in gunfight with survivors and operators were outnumbered  and tied in the shooting or close combat with survivors.
 Survivors managed to save another three civilians and had a pretty good chances to win this confrontation. But all of this  shooting attracted a lot of zombies to the area. Survivors were cut out from a last civilian and decided to flee instead of fighting thru a growing zombie horde.
In the meantime one of the operators managed to sneak thru zombie horde and approached  that last civilian.  Zombie Abomination leading a bunch of normal zombies tried to stop him but failed at this attempt. After very dramatic last stand between Abomination and operator, operator manged to seriosly wound Abomination and dispatched a last civilian winning the game.

P.S Some more pictures in my blog.

Offline Cotton Eyed Joe

• Librarian
Re: Some pictures from our recent "Zed or Alive" game session (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 03:34:22 PM »
The table looks really good and I like the weathering...where did you get the road sections from.

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 06:49:52 PM »
The table looks really good and I like the weathering...where did you get the road sections from.
Thank you!
Roads were drawn by one of the members of our gaming club, and were laser cut by local laser cutting company.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:23:10 PM »
Great set up. You have a nice collection of scenery and terrain. I really like the electrical towers / pylons.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 01:49:25 AM »
Yeah those roads look awesome, great looking game.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 01:54:19 AM »
Love the look of the games.
Zombies are lots of fun,
if you don't get eaten. lol
Semper Fi, Mac