Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) BTD 4 day sale.....half price on historical and fantasy ranges  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
Their Zulu War range looks good ..... and then you notice the lack of any mounted figures!!!!!

I was also a bit surprised; they use to have british lancer in their Zulu war range.

DJ

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
I was also a bit surprised; they use to have british lancer in their Zulu war range.

I have the impression that BTD is retiring old products piecemeal as the moulds run ragged and stock runs out. Some of the ranges don't seem to be as "complete" as they once were.

Interestingly though, they seem to be advertising for sculptors (or "designers", which I assume to mean sculptors) for both historicals and fantasy. I don't think they've released anything new in a long, long time (although they've had some finished sculpts - including pirates and WWII stuff - knocking about, waiting for a chance to be moulded and cast, for a long time as well). According to their "About Us" page they're also planning to release a range of paints and hobby accessories in 2016. They also mention plans to release "games", which I suppose must mean rulebooks (and possibly box sets).

Browsing their Facebook page reveals that their business seems to be stumbling on various genuine problems on a regular basis (a family emergency, a co-worker having a heart attack, a warehouse move, the company that does their casting unexpectedly closing shop for two weeks because of the flu, that sort of problems). At least they're being up front about it.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
I have the impression that BTD is retiring old products piecemeal as the moulds run ragged and stock runs out. Some of the ranges don't seem to be as "complete" as they once were.

I read somewhere on their fb page that they were remoulding some of their packs which is why there are gaps in some of the ranges.

Browsing their Facebook page reveals that their business seems to be stumbling on various genuine problems on a regular basis (a family emergency, a co-worker having a heart attack, a warehouse move, the company that does their casting unexpectedly closing shop for two weeks because of the flu, that sort of problems). At least they're being up front about it.

I have every sympathy for their troubles but if they impact on their business maybe they should consider closing the store in the same manner as Khurasan do when they are unavailable.

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
I got a shipping confirmation for my New Year order on Wednesday.

And I remember when their "summer sale" was extended so many times that it turned into a Christmas sale with no breaks whatsoever. lol

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Ordered somewhere late 2015, my order arrived today. Some missing packs but the note said these were coming soon. Worth the wait excellent sculpts at very good prices. Wondering why Black Tree Design isn't more popular, the sculpts are very nice.
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
Wondering why Black Tree Design isn't more popular, the sculpts are very nice.

They had a bit of a reputation a few years ago which put people off. I hope they have turned that corner now, it certainly appears that they are on their way too. Also the images on the website don't do the minis justice at all.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
I was very impressed with the quality of the castings I received from them. Price is very good especially when you catch them on a sale.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
I just think that it is worth saying that although I haven't had a formal reply to my written inquiries I did make a phonecall earlier in the week which was answered and I am pretty happy.

The result of which is I know have 16 packs out of the 20 ordered and an update on those I am waiting for. Beside this of the 20 packs that I have ordered I have only paid for 17 and am awaiting an invoice for 3.

Although initially the customer service wasn't amazing I am reasonably satisfied thus far. I'll let you know how the rest of my transaction transpires.

Offline Jericho

• Librarian
    • Plastic Warfare Blog
So I gather if you wait long enough you will receive your order?

Because I ordered 7 packs on december 29th and we're now just over a month later...
Sent an E-mail yesterday, but I shouldn't hold my breath for a response according to this thread.
De hem weert, ic salt hem lonen.

Plastic Warfare Blog

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Reminds me of the old adage:  You can have the work cheap, fast or excellent, but you can only choose two of the three .........
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
So I gather if you wait long enough you will receive your order

I cannot guarantee that personally for everyone, but I placed mine on Dec 27 and received it this Wednesday so quite exactly 1 month cart-to-door.

A shipping confirmation was sent in my case. If you haven't got even that, it's admittedly quite sluggish. Nevertheless, I'd count it as inefficiency, not an outright scam.

Offline Jericho

• Librarian
    • Plastic Warfare Blog
I cannot guarantee that personally for everyone, but I placed mine on Dec 27 and received it this Wednesday so quite exactly 1 month cart-to-door.

A shipping confirmation was sent in my case. If you haven't got even that, it's admittedly quite sluggish. Nevertheless, I'd count it as inefficiency, not an outright scam.

All I have got is the order confirmation. No shipping confirmation so far.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
It seems to me that some specific items are taking them an especially long time to re-stock. How soon you'll get your stuff can depend on what exactly you've ordered. I'm still waiting for some wood elves, high elves, helsinians, a walrus and a couple of Doctor Who figures that didn't come with the previous parcel.

Offline Jericho

• Librarian
    • Plastic Warfare Blog
I ordered historicals: 4 packs of German chiefs & champions and 3 packs of late Roman armoured infantry.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
I ordered historicals: 4 packs of German chiefs & champions and 3 packs of late Roman armoured infantry.

Also ordered the German chiefs and they are splendid! Ideal to be used for Lord of the Rings Dunlendings alternatives.