Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:05:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) BTD 4 day sale.....half price on historical and fantasy ranges  (Read 6855 times)

Offline Jericho

• Librarian
    • Plastic Warfare Blog
Re: (COMMERCIAL) BTD 4 day sale.....half price on historical and fantasy ranges
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 07:37:50 PM »
Just wanted to let people know I received my package today and the stuff looks great, well worth the wait after all.
I got a response from John Olsen at BTD and before you knew it was mailed.
I'll be ordering there again when my funds and the lead mountain permit me  8)
De hem weert, ic salt hem lonen.

Plastic Warfare Blog

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 07:45:45 PM »
I received my package today and the stuff looks great, well worth the wait after all.

Good news.
BlackTree have really sorted themselves out and the problems of a few years ago are a thing of the past.
Great figures, good quality castings, amazing prices and reliable service. Can't ask for more really.

Offline londoncalling

• Bookworm
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2016, 09:01:52 AM »
Yup I can also back this up, bought a load of zulu war stuff in Christmas sale. I think it took about 1 month to turn up, which I am happy to attribute to holiday period plus they were probably deluged and maybe casting to order.

Package included a note to say 2 items outstanding. These were then sent a week or so later.

Very happy with product and pricing, also received email updates.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2016, 09:50:38 AM »
Still waiting on the second part of my order but I'm not overly concerned, I just wanted to chime in again and praise the quality of the sculpts and the castings. Out of the 100 or so minis I bought I have one which has a very slight miscast but is still very serviceable. Very good!

Offline Jacksarge

• Scientist
    • Jacksarge Painting
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 09:46:42 PM »
Anyone got any updates on receiving their orders?
I still haven't received mine from the 10th January, so well over a month.
Just checked their FB page and it looks like a number of people still not receiving their orders.
I just don't know how long to wait before opening some sort of dispute through PayPal. I wouldn't mind so much if they would just shoot me an email to say how things are progressing.

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2016, 10:24:47 PM »
Still waiting on 3 packs and loads of shields as part of my order.

Offline Jacksarge

• Scientist
    • Jacksarge Painting
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2016, 10:57:52 PM »
Sigh...I just opened a Non receipt dispute with PayPal in the hope that BTD might actually talk to me...even just a little email would do. 37 days without any communication is too long I think.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:09:42 AM by Jacksarge »

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2016, 03:26:39 PM »
I must admit I haven't received any formal contact at all, I rang them and spoke to someone and chivvied along my partial order but haven't been able to speak to them again. The figures are very nice and I'm sure I'll get the rest at some point but I am beginning to think is it worth the bother. Which is a shame as I had planned on adding to my order to complete my army but I'm in two minds now.

Offline Jacksarge

• Scientist
    • Jacksarge Painting
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »
I must admit I haven't received any formal contact at all, I rang them and spoke to someone and chivvied along my partial order but haven't been able to speak to them again. The figures are very nice and I'm sure I'll get the rest at some point but I am beginning to think is it worth the bother. Which is a shame as I had planned on adding to my order to complete my army but I'm in two minds now.

Yep, I feel the same. Like you said, it's a shame as the figures look cool. But we are not in the 1980's any more when folks used to send off their mail order form in the post with a cheque and not expect to hear anything for months - email has been around for years, and things are different.

Offline Jacksarge

• Scientist
    • Jacksarge Painting
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2016, 02:53:52 AM »
Good News!
After raising a non-receipt of goods claim through PayPal, plus sending another email to John Olsen to alert him to this, I received the following email:

Thanks for your email.

My sincere apologies for the delay with your order and for not replying to your earlier email.

Our Big Sale went much better than expected and caused some chaos and delays. Our casters have been struggling to catch up. We are very close. Your order has been shipped to you today and should arrive with you in about a week. I am very sorry that your first order with us was so much trouble.

I'm thankful I paid with PayPal. Looking forward to receiving the miniatures  :) (all being well  ;) )

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
Just want to chime in with my good experience with BTD. I ordered some Orcs after Christmas, and while it took a few weeks for the order to arrive, it did arrive. The price per model is very reasonable, the Orc miniatures I ordered are fantastic, and other than taking a little while, everything went smoothly. I'll be ordering from BTD again soon.
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
I had a small parcel delivered today with the remainder of my order. It was posted exactly one month after the first parcel and nearly two months after the order was made. In this time I have no email response or reply to my PM on Facebook. I have however been able to speak to someone over the phone on several occasions who has been very polite and helpful. Of the c.100 figures I have bought I have had one slightly miscast mini but nothing dramatic or that cant be fixed reasonably easily, the rest have been top notch. I even have three extra packs of figures that I inquired about thrown in for free (whether as a gesture or in error I am not sure) I like to think it was a nice move for the delay.

All in all great figures but the turnaround and communication has been poor. I could overlook this had the turnaround had been slow but the communication be good but this was not the case. I will probably have another punt when their next sale throws up something I fancy to see how hit and miss their service is and whether I have just been unfortunate in what I have ordered corresponding with low stock and their warehouse move.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
I have been waiting since December for my package now,...

I have mailed them thrice, contacted them via their online form and via facebook,

Through Facebook I got a reply saying that the American people would nudge the British ones into action, but nothing has happened,.

I guess I will have to file a dispute at Paypal then,.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Amazing... I opened up a PayPal conversation about the missing package... and minutes later it arrived!

So now I feel like a turd for complaining. Even though it's been since December.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
Took advantage of the free shipping offer for a few minis I've been wanting and voila, it came today, just over a week from the UK to Canada. Top notch