Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:44:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689781
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Marvel Universe Game from Knight Models  (Read 6996 times)

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Re: Marvel Universe Game from Knight Models
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 01:33:27 PM »
From reading on Dakka, I understand the Facebook Page and "Official Batman Forum" are run by fans, not Knight Models.  Apparently they are overly protective and don't want "their" forum to be used to say anything they view as negative to the company or game.

I think some of that comes from the DC/Marvel as well.

Offline grendal

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 03:29:35 PM »
That would go a long way towards explaining the abysmal job they are doing...but they seem to have near zero communication with the UK and Europe too...

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 04:29:51 PM »
I've spoken with the guys at Knight in the past. Simply put, they're a very small team, with a very big licence, and only a couple of English-speakers on their staff. Their 'studio' is making cool stuff in the traditionally sculpted fashion, and they're putting it out as best they can, while finding their feet as they go.

Basically, if you want to hate on the little guy and stop supporting their product, it'll die. If you support them, they can expand, and the range will grow. Catch 22.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 05:05:40 PM »
Yeah I really think KM underestimated the demand they were going to get outside of Europe, particularly in North America, particularly with the release of their Marvel game. I'm not sure exactly how or why they underestimated it so badly, but hopefully they'll be able to catch up and gain some ground. They do make lovely figures, but the challenges folks face in acquiring it will definitely turn some folks away.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline grendal

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 03:46:24 PM »
"if you want to hate on the little guy and stop supporting their product, it'll die."

I have been banned from several "Official fan sites" because I offered honest constructive criticisms about the Marvel game in the weeks leading up to it's release...I did that because I want it to succeed. My criticisms were basically "It will be hard to get this game going if you support it like you do BMG...please show that you are going to handle this line better in the NA market". I was then told by the moderator of the Marvel FB page that I was a whiny troll...yes he attacked me after banning me. When I let the company know about this treatment of a customer I found it nearly impossible to communicate with the company...the only responses I got were dismissals and disdain...until I talked to the main U.S. agent they use who had much better customer service skills and apologized for my treatment.

At this point I jumped back into the game...after cancelling my $90 preorder I bought a starter at my LGS and found out they were having problems getting a restock...and here we are.
KM can't continue to produce a BIG license with small thinking...they need to increase their resources...especially in North America. When I asked why about the rumor of U.S. distributors dropping the game I was told "We send too many orders to USA." I suspect that is a bad translation of "we send plenty of models to the U.S."  but it's the perfect example of why they need more agents in North America to represent the company...

Obsidian and I are on the same page...I really hope that KM "catches up" with the demand and success they have and are able to give these games the support they deserve.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 03:26:22 AM »
Here is a Thor I did for the game:

The figures were much nicer than the Frank Miller Batman I got from them which was pretty badly cast.  None of these seem to have any problem with that at least.  There was little cleaning to do, they are well sculpted and well cast.

The Thor figure came in a pack with Captain America, Black Widow and Iron Man.  I'll get them done before June 30th. 

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 07:12:56 AM »
Excellent job dude!