Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:58:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Knight Models Interim Marvel Rules  (Read 4388 times)

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
Knight Models Interim Marvel Rules
« on: December 18, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »
In case anyone missed it, Knight Models have come out with their Marvel game today. It's a bit of an odd one, because it;s not the promised full supers game, but a 'bolt on' for the Batman game. So basically you use the Batman rules, and the free PDF character cards from the Marvel section of the website.

http://knightmodels-store.com/epages/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2Fafaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b%2FProducts%2F35MV023

They've just released some faction packs, but if you click on the little 'product data sheet' link next to the buy button, you'll be taken to the rules card for the existing models in the range. I think this is intended as a 'get you by' fix while they work on the proper rules.

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
Re: Knight Models Interim Marvel Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »
In case anyone missed it, Knight Models have come out with their Marvel game today. It's a bit of an odd one, because it;s not the promised full supers game, but a 'bolt on' for the Batman game. So basically you use the Batman rules, and the free PDF character cards from the Marvel section of the website.

http://knightmodels-store.com/epages/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2Fafaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b%2FProducts%2F35MV023

They've just released some faction packs, but if you click on the little 'product data sheet' link next to the buy button, you'll be taken to the rules card for the existing models in the range. I think this is intended as a 'get you by' fix while they work on the proper rules.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't just use the same rules and is 100% compatible.
Looking for a set of rules that adaptable for different genres.

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 09:19:14 AM »

That's what I said.

Short version: Buy the BMG rulebook, use the Marvel stat cards off the Knight website. Boom. You have the Spider-Man game.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 09:48:17 PM »
There are still a few holes in the stuff that has been released, but you are essentially correct. Once again however, I find it strange that the 150/$500 restrictions are in place, but the game size for tournament play is NOT a multiple of 150 rep.

I'll admit I'm not very interested in a Spider-Man game, or really even in a Marvel game at all. That's not because I don't like Marvel characters, Alpha Flight is my favorite series of all time, I just feel like Batman suits the established mechanics much better. Perhaps once more figures and information comes out my interest will increase. However, if it remains web-only via the Knight Models site...I'll never play it simply due to VAT and exchange to Euros making expensive miniatures beyond my willing-to-pay threshold.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 02:20:36 AM »
There are still a few holes in the stuff that has been released, but you are essentially correct. Once again however, I find it strange that the 150/$500 restrictions are in place, but the game size for tournament play is NOT a multiple of 150 rep.

I'll admit I'm not very interested in a Spider-Man game, or really even in a Marvel game at all. That's not because I don't like Marvel characters, Alpha Flight is my favorite series of all time, I just feel like Batman suits the established mechanics much better. Perhaps once more figures and information comes out my interest will increase. However, if it remains web-only via the Knight Models site...I'll never play it simply due to VAT and exchange to Euros making expensive miniatures beyond my willing-to-pay threshold.

Or just grab some clix and try those to use the rules to see if it's worth it.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 09:46:32 AM »
Rather disappointed as i was looking for a Superhero game that would see Iron Man etc on the table. I have no interest in Spiderman with a crew....which I never knew existed until the rules where announced.

Offline Scorpio

• Scientist
  • justice wears a mask
    • Metal Skirmish
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 02:06:17 PM »

There's been talk of  game where you can use Thor and Iron Man and that ilk, and I really don't think the Batman rules can stretch far enough to include those kind of powerhouses. It's the real challenge of any superheroes minis game. The Batman rules are good for what they are, but I don't think they can do that.
PMMDJ
http://metal-skirmish.blogspot.com/

"Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved."

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 05:50:34 PM »
Yeah I think for that you would probably want a more super hero based game focused less on standard street level heros and thugs.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 06:33:38 PM »
For cross-over gaming and custom heroes we were using Supersystem 3rd edition. We switched over to 4th edition back in September or so. The changes largely work out, and we've been playing games with converted SuperFigs profiles, custom characters and several custom-made Marvel profiles ranging from low-level up to Doom and Mr. Sinister. It works well for that.

I like the Batman game for the feel it captures of criminal gangs up against street level or slightly more powerful heroes. Branching it out to Marvel doesn't make as much sense to me. (and I do have thousands of heroclix, so buying the models for any superheroes comes down to desire much more than need...)