Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:03:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689620
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Marvel Universe Game from Knight Models  (Read 6993 times)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Marvel Universe Game from Knight Models
« on: January 27, 2016, 06:44:01 PM »
Small announcement popped up on Facebook earlier today about a Marvel game from KM. It sounds like a different engine that the one used for Batman Miniature Game (and by extension, the Spiderman game).

Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men are slated to be some of the on-release starter crews. I can't hit Facebook in the office, so links will have to wait.

And...discuss.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Re: Marvel Universe Game from Knight Models
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 07:25:34 PM »
This is more like it :)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 07:36:41 PM »
Ian reports that is a D8 mechanic of some kind over on his blog.
http://pressganger.blogspot.ca/2016/01/marvel-universe-miniature-game-intro.html

Offline JamesFlowers

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:30 PM »
Time for me to hit up the heroclix , I dont really want my young players with metal just yet...

Offline grendal

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 03:09:42 AM »
(KM has apologized for the way I was treated and, I suspect, let the people running the pages know they need to mellow out...the American Distributor actually went out of his way to help my LGS with restock when I mentioned it to him...THAT is how you get people back.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:49:42 AM by grendal »

Offline Tabletop Warrior

• Student
  • Once a Marine... you know the rest.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 07:44:12 PM »
I am a self admitted Marvel fan.  I have the Avengers Starter and have played a few small games.  I LOVE this game!  Great game mechanics.  Great miniatures.  Very cinematic.  Lots of fun!  I think Knight Models did a great job on this. 

I don't play the Batman game.  Not knocking it, but just not into it.

From reading on Dakka, I understand the Facebook Page and "Official Batman Forum" are run by fans, not Knight Models.  Apparently they are overly protective and don't want "their" forum to be used to say anything they view as negative to the company or game.

But the game and miniatures are very cool.  I play a lot of games, but I am very excited about this one!  If you like Marvel Super Heroes, you owe it yourself to check out this game.  I think you will be pleased. 

Here is a link to a great blog that has a lot of great info on the game, so you can have a pretty good idea of whether you will like it before you buy.
http://pressganger.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/useful-35mm-dc-marvel-and-batman-game.html
"In victory, you deserve champagne; in defeat, you need it.
                                           -Napolean Bonaparte-

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 05:19:16 AM »
DC/Marvel; I can't decide. I like them both.  I just started painting stuff for BMG and heard about Marvel coming down the pipe as I was doing it.  I'm going to have to grab some of these as well at some point.  It's the only way I'm going to get sufficient payout for working on a city terrain set by monkeying about with both :).  I want to grab up a Doctor Doom and Thing if only for the pleasure of painting them.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »
I have all the first wave Marvel figures but haven't had a chance to try the game out yet. Hoping to do so this month.

Offline grendal

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 11:05:56 PM »
with no restock and no communication from KM on when a restock is happening interest in my area has dried up.

I have been asking for better promotion of the game(s) for months...and just get met with Disdain...the 15th annual "Free Comic Book day" is happening all over the U.S. this Saturday and KM has not done anything to promote it's licensed supers games on this day...
we have 3 more summer "blockbusters" this summer...Civil War, X-men, and Suicide squad...KM has done nothing to tie it's games into any of the hype for these.

It's frustrating to be a fan trying to promote these games...between the bad communication, the horrible distribution (still) and the high prices there is no interest in these...

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 12:38:31 AM »
And what is the deal with all the Marvel minis they have already made?

They don't even list them all on the Knight Models page.  Dr. Doom, Magneto, The Thing, The Punisher....etc. etc.  Where did they all go.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 01:00:45 AM »
I have a feeling there is a reason for the lack of North American support and advertising. My totally unfounded hypothesis is that they aren't allowed to actively advertise here. It's likely part of the agreement as heroclix is probably the culprit.

If there are models you're looking to acquire and you're in Canada or the US let me know. I might be able to help.

Offline grendal

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 02:28:30 AM »
I have a feeling there is a reason for the lack of North American support and advertising. My totally unfounded hypothesis is that they aren't allowed to actively advertise here. It's likely part of the agreement as heroclix is probably the culprit.

If there are models you're looking to acquire and you're in Canada or the US let me know. I might be able to help.

I appreciate the offer but I need a company that looks like it will support the game it produces :)
(Your not Endylon are you?)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 03:15:36 AM »
Shame about that; It looks pretty cool.  My mail order of choice supports BMG fully but the stocks the Marvel models without rules for the new game to this point.  It kind of feels like "boutique models" with no game support for the moment.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 03:26:01 AM »
I appreciate the offer but I need a company that looks like it will support the game it produces :)
(Your not Endylon are you?)

No I'm not.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 01:31:59 PM »
And what is the deal with all the Marvel minis they have already made?

They don't even list them all on the Knight Models page.  Dr. Doom, Magneto, The Thing, The Punisher....etc. etc.  Where did they all go.

I imagine they are being repackaged with the stat cards to be re-released