Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:06:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690336
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan releases 15mm Late 16th century Spanish  (Read 7035 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Khurasan releases 15mm Late 16th century Spanish
« on: February 12, 2016, 04:40:58 PM »
We are very pleased to release the first army in our 15mm "Late 16th Century" range -- the Spanish.  This was the period that saw the mighty tercio at its apex, with Spain at war in the Netherlands, attempting invasion of England, intervening in the French civil war, and sending troops to aid the Irish.

Armoured pikemen

"Pica seca" (unarmoured pikemen)

Arquebusiers

Musketeers

Infantry command

Corazas (heavily armoured pistoliers)

Lancers

Armoured mounted arquebusiers

Unarmoured mounted arquebusiers

Heavy cavalry command

Light cavalry command

High command

Artillery is coming soon.  The "herreruelos" were actually German Reiters, and they are available now as well, but they haven't been painted up for display yet.  All mounted codes can choose the simpler horse furniture or the fancier version with long rump straps. 

Available now:
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/late16thcentury.html
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Knight of St John

• Bookworm
Re: Khurasan releases 15mm Late 16th century Spanish
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:49:28 PM »
Thank you. Just what I need for the Great siege of Malta. Will make my first order from this range as soon as I get the children to sleep.
Michael.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 06:52:43 PM »
They are lovely wee figures! :-*

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:51:12 PM »
These are beautiful little figs. Can't wait to see the rest of the range filled out.

Offline Kingscarbine

• Mad Scientist
  • Bayonets... Level!
    • Kingscarbine Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 08:33:15 AM »
 :-* Awesome miniatures. What do you have planned for future releases?

BTW... Anyone interested in the period should start here: http://perfectcaptain.50megs.com/sfbattle.html

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 11:23:17 AM »
Very nice. I wish someone would bring out something similar in 28mm. My eyes can barely cope with 28mm so I'm sure I couldn't cope with 15mm now.

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 03:55:15 PM »
:-* Awesome miniatures. What do you have planned for future releases?

The English will be next -- pikes, arquebusiers, muskets, bills (used only by militia in the late 16th C), longbows (ditto), infantry command, light horse (with shield as shown in Ireland), demilancers, heavy cavalry command, and high command. They are done and ready for release. Just want to space them out a bit from the Spanish. They can fight the existing Tyrone Irish rebel range of course, or can fight the Spanish in the Netherlands or at home (assuming the armada landed).

Dutch and German (later landsknects, imperials, etc) foot have been made. Reiters have as well and are up for sale -- just waiting for Rafa to paint them to display them. Ditto the artillery, and a set of master gunners of various nations.  (He just got this stuff.)

Dutch cavalry is being made as are variant English Light Horse wearing plate rather than the chainmail and shield combo shown in Ireland. I'll need to investigate what sorts of cavalry besides Reiters the late 16th C. German/imperial armies used.

After that Clib is taking a detour from late 16th C and making Sassanids. Once they're done, French, which will be suitable for the last campaigns of the French Wars of Religion, including Henri IV's super army with Royal Swiss and Miller cavalry!

After that we may make late 16th C Ottomans. Ultimately I'd like to make every army that marched in Europe in the late 16th C.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:58:34 PM by Khurasan Miniatures »

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 04:13:28 PM »
Fabulous additions! :-*
Will said Landsknechts be wearing baggy trousers?

Offline Knight of St John

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »
They look marvaous and looking forward to receiving my order. 16th C ottomans would make me very happy. Do you have any plans of adding sword and buckler men to the Spanish range?
Michael.

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »
Great miniatures. :-*

DONT FORGET THE PORTUGUESE TOO.

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 01:29:37 AM »
They look marvaous and looking forward to receiving my order. 16th C ottomans would make me very happy. Do you have any plans of adding sword and buckler men to the Spanish range?
Michael.
Rodoleros had been phased out by this period in continental service.

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 01:33:46 AM »
Great miniatures. :-*

DONT FORGET THE PORTUGUESE TOO.

Well, in this period (1580-1605) the Iberian Union was in effect. Did Portuguese troops in continental Europe look different from the Spanish?

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 10:45:55 AM »
In terms of equipment no, except for a few helmets and less availability of armour.
If i find images of the helmets and/or other variations of equipment i will pass it to you.
There are some portuguese figures of this period that you can check from Eureka that illustrates a bit the aspect.

http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_126_781_787&sort=3a

Offline Kingscarbine

• Mad Scientist
  • Bayonets... Level!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 12:18:47 PM »
Well, in this period (1580-1605) the Iberian Union was in effect. Did Portuguese troops in continental Europe look different from the Spanish?

No, not really... And less so in Continental Europe.

From the period iconography I've noticed the Portuguese tended to use more the cabasset than the morion along with other types of contemporary hats. The main difference was in the cavalry.

Acobertados: They were the army’s powerful shock weapon. The higher nobility still maintained a medieval structure and fought armoured in caparisoned horses (much like French Gendarmes) that performed a crucial role in battle. They protected the king, the vulnerable infantry and were used to puncture the enemy lines.  By this time a small number of acobertados were beginning to be used by the garrisons in North Africa in conjunction with the light cavalry as a holding force when disengaging and protecting retreating infantry.

Ginetes: The traditional and best cavalry mounted in Moorish fashion that had already proven very effective during the Reconquista and in North Africa. They were highly mobile with their jack of plates, adarga shields and lance and served not only as scouts and skirmishers but as an excellent counter-measure against other light cavalry and foot.

Estradiotes: The Portuguese estradiotes were closer to chevaulegers and English demilances than to light cavalry. Lighter armoured than the acobertados these gentlemen and esquires, were used in support of the heavy cavalry. After the Moroccan disaster they were probably the only heavy cavalry available during the Spanish invasion of 1580.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:48:09 PM by Kingscarbine »

Offline Kingscarbine

• Mad Scientist
  • Bayonets... Level!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 12:24:04 PM »
In terms of equipment no, except for a few helmets and less availability of armour.
If i find images of the helmets and/or other variations of equipment i will pass it to you.
There are some portuguese figures of this period that you can check from Eureka that illustrates a bit the aspect.

http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_126_781_787&sort=3a

The Eureka range isn't a good example for "Continental" armies. The figures are more suitable for colonial types and small expeditions.