Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:11:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lands Of Ruin Is Now Live On Kickstarter LAST 24HRS  (Read 5661 times)

Offline Original Timmy

• Librarian
Re: Lands Of Ruin Now Live On Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 01:15:31 AM »
I noticed on the Lands Of Ruin Facebook page, just as their Kickstarter launched that they were looking for some people to review the first run of Malcibur and his cohorts, so I jumped at the chance to get a set to review for my forum posts and blog and lucky enough I got a set, so here goes...

Like I already mentioned I got Malcibur and his three cohorts, they are "true scale" 28mm sculpted miniatures cast in resin. They are nice casts and sculpts with next to no mold lines, the sculpts are also really faithful to the renders, all the details that are in the renders, are on the minis.

Malcibur:

The details on him are nice, for weapons he has in his right hand an electrified tri-dent and in his left hand is a heavy duty chain with some sort of gun on his wrist. He is dressed in body armour from head-to-foot with extra handcuffs and a big pouch on his chain belt, on his chest there is what looks like the detonator for exploding his cohorts!

The cohorts:

All three of the cohorts are nicely detailed, each one is restrained by either chains, handcuffs or my favourite a straight jacket and strapped to them front and back are a bunch of C4 sticks. All the clothes worn by them are all ragged and torn, also each one has been gagged and has had a detonating receiver fitted to them so they are ready to explode!

Lands Of Ruin Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/LandsOfRuin/?fref=ts

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 05:10:05 AM »
Thanks for that scale shot, makes me less worried the minis will be either to short or too tall for my existing collection. Mulciber is my favorite of the lot, I'm planning on painting him in Caesar's Legion-esque colors and using him as a Slave Hunter, (counts-as-Bounty Hunter), in my TNT games.

My Fallout Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63394.0
My Dracula's America Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=105669.0

Offline Original Timmy

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 12:12:34 AM »
Thanks for that scale shot, makes me less worried the minis will be either to short or too tall for my existing collection. Mulciber is my favorite of the lot, I'm planning on painting him in Caesar's Legion-esque colors and using him as a Slave Hunter, (counts-as-Bounty Hunter), in my TNT games.

No worries, sounds cool my favourite is Androphage and his cohorts i can see them in a few different post-apoc games, Malciburs cohorts are really cool though.

Offline Original Timmy

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 12:23:40 AM »
LAST 48HRS LEFT OF THE CAMPAIGN.

In their latest blog post they talk about the back stories of the Baleans heroes Thanatos, Androphage and their cohorts.

"His name means “Eater of Men,” and he has gorged himself on many a victim in times of scarcity."

"Thanatos takes his name from the ancient personification of Death."

http://landsofruin.com/2016/03/07/hero-spotligh-androphage.html

http://landsofruin.com/2016/03/07/hero-spotligh-thanatos.html

Offline Original Timmy

• Librarian
Re: Lands Of Ruin Now Live On Kickstarter LAST 48HRS
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 11:48:05 PM »
LAST 24HRS OF THE CAMPAIGN.

In the latest blog post they talk about the Reclaimers hero Dorian and his cohorts.

"He is an excellent marksman and can demolish even the most stubborn rampart with a well-placed rocket."

http://landsofruin.com/2016/03/08/hero-spotlight-dorian.html