Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Darklight: Memento Mori - Miniatures Dungeon Crawler  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Just found this via TGN:

Darklight: Memento Mori - Miniatures Dungeon Crawler

"A cooperative dungeon crawler which combines tabletop and RPG elements in a dark-gothic world. Inspired by the greatest of its kind."

"Darklight is an old-school dungeon crawler with modern components and challenging gameplay. The game includes over 70 plastic miniatures and 20+ modular dungeon tiles, allowing for endless possibilities of adventures. Our inspiration comes from the great titles of this genre such as Diablo, Warhammer Quest and Dark Souls, as well as the writings of Dante Alighieri."

Key Features:

Cooperative play for 1 up to 4 players. Adjustable difficulty depending on the number of Heroes in play.
Randomly generated dungeons with 36 unique quests.
Play single adventures with the Basic Rules or extend your experience by travelling to settlements with the Advanced Rules.
Find, craft, customise and equip hundreds of different items.
Robust and flexible levelling-up system with over 20 Skill Cards per character, allowing your Hero to become unique.”
With the help of optional narrative found on events and items, create and share incredible stories through the rich, mysterious lore of this dark-gothic world.

Looks really cool, the dungeon tiles are nicely drawn and full of atmosphere, and the miniatures are nice and crisp too. Bonus for having actual casts instead of just renders. The dungeon layouts remind me of Warhammer Quest, as does the card-based room generation. The equipment system seems to be fairly complex, with slots for head, hands, and so on. Something rarely seen in such games. The game seems to be inspired by Diablo, putting away with the high-fantasy clichés of elves, dwarves and orcs, instead using a post-apocalyptic, religion-fueled version of our own middle ages with a focus on battle versus demonic and hellish creatures. Overall, this might be the first dungeon crawler that satisfies my desire for a complex coperative game that supports full campaign play and long-term character advancement, hopefully without becoming unbalanced.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:49:18 PM by Cherno »

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [Kickstarter] Darklight: Memento Mori - Miniatures Dungeon Crawler
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:01:11 PM »
I just noticed that the miniature bases have little skulls on them, probably indicating the forward facing of the model. Interesting, there are only a few games of this type that take this into account (Hybrid being one example).

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [Kickstarter] Darklight: Memento Mori - Miniatures Dungeon Crawler
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 12:47:52 AM »
Aaand... funded :) I think I might have to pick this one up after release.