Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Blackout: Journey Into Darkness - P.A. Dungeon Crawler (Funded!)  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Kickstarter Preview

Blackout is a post-apocalyptic dungeon crawler set in the Northern Wastes. Blackout offers GM, solo and co-op play for 1-5 players.

Blackout is a post-apocalyptic dungeon crawler for 1-5 players. Players take control of 1 or more characters and venture out into the Northern Wastes in search of glory and renown. Blackout is a mission-based leveling system that offers savage combat and rewarding exploration.

Blackout is designed for solo, and co-op play. In addition, Blackout missions can be presented by a gamesmaster if the players wish to experience a more narrative adventure. Blackout offers 15-20 hours of play.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 03:24:52 PM by Cherno »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Neat looking game but reading the comments on the creators previous projects there are all sorts of problems with late delivery, lack of information and poor communication.

Also this is the 2nd time around for this game, when first launched (with less figures) it had a target double what it is now. Seems unlikely he could re-negotiate costs to that degree and likely therefore this target is insufficient to actually produce what is shown in the graphics.

Too many alarm bells on this one. Will wait for retail I think.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Neat looking game but reading the comments on the creators previous projects there are all sorts of problems with late delivery, lack of information and poor communication.

Also this is the 2nd time around for this game, when first launched (with less figures) it had a target double what it is now. Seems unlikely he could re-negotiate costs to that degree and likely therefore this target is insufficient to actually produce what is shown in the graphics.

Too many alarm bells on this one. Will wait for retail I think.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't going to pledge or buy it at retail, but it might be nice to know for others that are intersted.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Too bad about the issues, but good to read about them here, as I was already wondering why the campaign get sort of stuck and in doubt about staying in the campaign.

I and noticed that the creator is sending out a lot of unneccesary updates to promote the kickstarer. So many in case that it find that it startting to annoy to me.

really a Shame, as the concept is not bad at all, but with more ucoming kickstarters chances are that I'll tramsfer my funds to another one.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline The Travelling Man

• Librarian
I backed this guy's last one and still haven't received anything- projected delivery was February 2014 and I only backed for the basic game and a couple of card expansions. Comms was variable and then non-existent (evidently while he put this new KS together).

I like the idea of this game but also won't be backing based on direct past experience with this KS creator. I also really don't like KS creators who launch a second KS before the first is completed and shipped.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Looks like they made it on their third try on Kickstarter.

Blackout: Journey into Darkness