Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690732
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Star Saga - Space Dungeon Crawler [kickstarter]  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
Star Saga - Space Dungeon Crawler [kickstarter]
« on: October 18, 2016, 06:24:29 PM »
Star Saga
I did a search, but nothing showed up. So thought I would make a new thread.

Mantic is running a kickstarter campaign for their new dungeon crawler in space - Star Saga. A game set in Mantics Warpath Universe.

Sold as "the spiritul successor to Dungeon Saga", updated rules etc.

I enjoy Dungeon Saga a lot, so I've pledged for this game - with fond memories of Space Crusade in mind. The base pledge is 100$ and that will give you a lot (with more stretch goals coming).

Current price is divided only by miniature count will set it at: 0,89$ pr. miniature. That's not taking the game itself into consideration.

I get that any Mantic Kickstarter thread will get the good old - mantic quality, dungeon saga trouble responses.

But things to consider is: The quality (I find) of the Deadzone Infestation models is super great. There's weren't trouble with that finished kickstarter.

Star Saga will be done in the way as The Walking Dead game, with inserts molded to every miniature. Most miniatures are one-piece models like TWD. What I've seen of unboxing videos, promotion models etc those are looking really nice.

I don't want the game - but some cool models
I don't know how much I'll play this game. But I am super psyched by Ospreys upcomming Rogue Stars, a sci-fi skirmish game. Rules are made so by skills, stats, traits etc you can include any sci-fi miniature in your collection.

I'm in this kickstarter as much for cool miniatures for Rogue Stars as the game itself.

And if you feel like the base pledge is too high, consider pledging 1$ + add-on costs. There's some really cheap stuff. The Star Saga minis by themselves or the cool 3d terrain (this is really cheap, compared to the resin bits out there). So even not going for the game (and if your willing to wait the time) there's some good value sci-fi stuff here.

Unlocked so far:

Miniature add-on:
Scenery 15$

12 different sci-fi miniatures 15$:

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
Re: Star Saga - Space Dungeon Crawler [kickstarter]
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:57:19 PM »
You slightly missed this:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=93915.0.

Also it states in the blurb directly that "All other miniatures in the core pledge are pre-assembled plastic" in the core set except the xtras which I assume will likely be their standard "restic" that, to be a bit pedantic, is not one piece...

Still for soft plastic, like DS, they are ok, for soft plastic.

To be honest I am tempted by mini only option but have so much stuff, of similar nature, and also more looking forward to the Osprey rules, and have stuff I can use already.

Only so much tat I can fit in my little study..  ::)

It is good they have done a mini only option t'is true, as the terrain boards and some other bits are uninspiring  :)

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »
You slightly missed this:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=93915.0.

Also it states in the blurb directly that "All other miniatures in the core pledge are pre-assembled plastic" in the core set except the xtras which I assume will likely be their standard "restic" that, to be a bit pedantic, is not one piece...

Still for soft plastic, like DS, they are ok, for soft plastic.

To be honest I am tempted by mini only option but have so much stuff, of similar nature, and also more looking forward to the Osprey rules, and have stuff I can use already.

Only so much tat I can fit in my little study..  ::)

It is good they have done a mini only option t'is true, as the terrain boards and some other bits are uninspiring  :)
Thanks for linking the other one. An Admin can lock this then. Did a search for Star Saga - but didn't find it.

Most will be pre assebled miniatures, but they've added 17 deadzone/warpath miniatures for free. These will need assebly. They are hard plastic like Games Workshop etc.

Mantic haven't used Restic in years. The plastic / pcv materials used in the one piece models is excellent. It's the same material used in a lot of CMON games and the quality is excellent.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 08:21:41 PM »
The plastic / pcv materials used in the one piece models is excellent. It's the same material used in a lot of CMON games and the quality is excellent.

No, it really isn't. It is crap. I have seen plastic washing up bowls with better surface detail and undercuts.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »
No worries.

If the new xtras are indeed made with material similar to GW, alls good, as I have some Warpath stuff coming eventually/probably.

I have plenty of KOW stuff in the harder material.

But don't need more soft plastic at this time.

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 09:35:57 PM »
No, it really isn't. It is crap. I have seen plastic washing up bowls with better surface detail and undercuts.

Well I'm a fan. But I'm also a fan of Reaper Bones.